BMW Werkz banner

engine overheating???????

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  325isBaby 
#1 ·
when i drive my car the temperature pointer goes half way which is fine ..........after i left the car for 3 hours or so (turned off) i come back to turn it back on and the temperature pointer is 1/4 of temperature.....i felt the front side of the car (the hood) and it was warm stilll .................after i left the car turned off for 3 hours ....is that normal.....or wat could it be or wat can i do.........thx for helping

#3 ·
bm4u said:
when i drive my car the temperature pointer goes half way which is fine ..........after i left the car for 3 hours or so (turned off) i come back to turn it back on and the temperature pointer is 1/4 of temperature.....i felt the front side of the car (the hood) and it was warm stilll .................after i left the car turned off for 3 hours ....is that normal.....or wat could it be or wat can i do.........thx for helping
It is absolutely normal as long as temp. arrow stays in the range (center of gauge), coolant and oil level is correct and there is no leak in the system.
I would not worry about it ...:)
Enjoy summer !
Z.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.