Engine management issues after unplugging ecu chip! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 11:06 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
zakkleberry is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Engine management issues after unplugging ecu chip!

Hi i am new to this but thought its worth a shot, i have a 53 plate 320d, when i bought the car i was told it had a pro bitz ecu chip fitted but not plugged in as recent owner disconnected it due to him thinking it was burning the clutch out as to much torque. My friend plugged it in and as from what i could see i know one of the plugs went into the fuel rail pressure switch, tried to start it and nothing happened, i instantly told him to unplug it, csr then started fine but with engine management light on. He told me it was due to unplugging the fuel rail pressure sensor and i need to have the codes cleared. As i drove the car it was massively under powered almost as if the car had gone intoo limp mode. So i then plugged the diagnostics in and a code came up saying fuel pressure circuit.to high. Attempted to clear the codes but straight away the code come back. I dont no where to go from hear i have checked everything is plugged in and clearing the codes is doing nothing. Any ideas where i go from here anyone? Thanks zak
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 12:25 PM
n00b

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BimmerAdict is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakkleberry View Post
Hi i am new to this but thought its worth a shot, i have a 53 plate 320d, when i bought the car i was told it had a pro bitz ecu chip fitted but not plugged in as recent owner disconnected it due to him thinking it was burning the clutch out as to much torque. My friend plugged it in and as from what i could see i know one of the plugs went into the fuel rail pressure switch, tried to start it and nothing happened, i instantly told him to unplug it, csr then started fine but with engine management light on. He told me it was due to unplugging the fuel rail pressure sensor and i need to have the codes cleared. As i drove the car it was massively under powered almost as if the car had gone intoo limp mode. So i then plugged the diagnostics in and a code came up saying fuel pressure circuit.to high. Attempted to clear the codes but straight away the code come back. I dont no where to go from hear i have checked everything is plugged in and clearing the codes is doing nothing. Any ideas where i go from here anyone? Thanks zak
The chip wasn't connected or running at all? Sometimes they hide codes, so unplugging it could show a code that was hidden before.
My guess is your car is in limp mode because the fuel pressure is too high.
Do you have any more information or detail about the code(s) you're getting?

2007 335i - JB4, DCI, DP's
2008 535i - Stock
2007 Mazda RX-8
German Auto Parts
#3 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 01:10 PM
n00b

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
zakkleberry is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Po193 is the code its coming up with and it says fuel rail pressure sensor 'A' circuit high?
#4 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 01:57 PM
n00b

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BimmerAdict is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakkleberry View Post
Po193 is the code its coming up with and it says fuel rail pressure sensor 'A' circuit high?
Well some common issues with that could be:
-Faulty Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor
-Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
-Poor electrical connection with FRPS
-Faulty fuel pump

Since you were messing with the ECU, my guess would be the harness is open or shorted.

How's your gas mileage? Lower than usual or about the same?

2007 335i - JB4, DCI, DP's
2008 535i - Stock
2007 Mazda RX-8
German Auto Parts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)