BMW Werkz banner

Engine management issues after unplugging ecu chip!

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  BimmerAdict 
#1 ·
Hi i am new to this but thought its worth a shot, i have a 53 plate 320d, when i bought the car i was told it had a pro bitz ecu chip fitted but not plugged in as recent owner disconnected it due to him thinking it was burning the clutch out as to much torque. My friend plugged it in and as from what i could see i know one of the plugs went into the fuel rail pressure switch, tried to start it and nothing happened, i instantly told him to unplug it, csr then started fine but with engine management light on. He told me it was due to unplugging the fuel rail pressure sensor and i need to have the codes cleared. As i drove the car it was massively under powered almost as if the car had gone intoo limp mode. So i then plugged the diagnostics in and a code came up saying fuel pressure circuit.to high. Attempted to clear the codes but straight away the code come back. I dont no where to go from hear i have checked everything is plugged in and clearing the codes is doing nothing. Any ideas where i go from here anyone? Thanks zak

#4 ·
Well some common issues with that could be:
-Faulty Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor
-Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
-Poor electrical connection with FRPS
-Faulty fuel pump

Since you were messing with the ECU, my guess would be the harness is open or shorted.

How's your gas mileage? Lower than usual or about the same?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.