BMW Werkz banner

E46 Value

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  rsn48 
#1 ·
What normally happens to the older model? Does the price drop pretty far?

I am looking at a '04 330i and it is loaded with only 5k miles on it CPO. If I were to buy the E90 with the same options it would cost $10K USD more, except orient blue isn't offered anymore. It is a lighter blue that I don't like as well and I probably would go for the dark grey one now. I plan on keeping the car for at least 5 years, maybe 10. The car I am looking at is orient blue with natural brown 6sp, Sport P, Winter P, and the other option that is the most expensive that I don't care about. I fail to remember the name. The E90 looks pretty nice, but I don't think there is a huge difference in the cars. I really think the 3 series has look very good for the past two bodies and looks pretty timeless so far. The 323 still looks pretty modern IMHO.

Are most of the BMW owner that own E46's going to feel the need to run out and buy the E90 because the neighbors may think they own an old car? Or am I stereo-typing the old yuppie mentality?

I really want this '04. It is exactly what I want being that it is the color combo and 6sp. I have searched the entire US and have never found one until the other day.

What do you think?
Curt

See less See more
#2 ·
Will I feel the need to buy a E90? No! Will I "want" to buy one? Yes! Having said that, the E46 is an excellent car. You will love it. The only and best benefit if you are a family man to the new E90 is that it has a little more room inside, particularly in the back, the short coming of all 3's to date. Each new production 3 is larger than its predecessor. I own two blue BMW's, my favourite blue is the "Monteal Blue." (owner of 318i, 330xi, 528i)

#3 ·
I would agree with RSN48. Get the e90, if u get the e46 everytime u see the e90 driving by u will want one and regret not buying it. Since you are saying you plan to keep it for a long time and times not an issue just wait a year and get the e90 and save some dough buying a year used.

-=sardar=-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.