E46 loss of power, DDE light on constant, and smoke from exhaust? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 03:49 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
angela is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Cool E46 loss of power, DDE light on constant, and smoke from exhaust?

Hi,
Can anyone out there help me please with some problems I have been having recently with my BMW? I have been noticing a lack of power as I set off which disappeared after a few seconds. Today, though, I noticed smoke from the exhaust as I accelerated. Then a light came on showing DDE and this has stayed on. Finally the power problem is now constant and there is not much power on acceleration. Got home luckily but what do you think is wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
How many miles do you have ont he car? When was teh last time you did a tune up? Spark plugs?

And finally what's DDE? Daylight demon eyes?

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
#3 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 03:53 AM
n00b

angela is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Dde

Hi there,
Thanks for your reply. The car has 114000 on the clock. DDE means digital diesel elecrtronics. I looked it up and this is what I got:-

The world’s first electronic diesel management system revolutionizes engine technology.
In 1987 BMW became the first carmaker in the world to introduce Digital Diesel Electronics (DDE) in the 324td. This all-electronic digital engine management control revolutionized the ongoing development of diesel technology, the innovations we see today such as turbulence chamber, pre-chamber or direct-injection technology all being based on this bold step into the future. At the same time DDE was an important prerequisite for introducing electronically controlled automatic transmission and driving stability systems in the diesel. Electronic management controls both emissions and fuel consumption, engine noise and motoring refinement far more precisely and quickly than a mechanical system. Taking numerous parameters into account, therefore, DDE was able for the first time, using map control, to inject exactly the right amount of fuel at the right time as a function of operating requirements. And to this very day, the high standard of accuracy ensured by DDE throughout the entire running life of the engine remains an important prerequisite for maintaining emission standards now becoming increasingly stringent the world over.

Thanks for your reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)