Join Date: May 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
|3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Gas can become varnish over time, and the fuel system may well need some running time with fresh fuel. In the next storage, I suggest a gas storage treatment.
This was a list a friend provided for me:
Hope this helps, it sounds like you may know it all anyways.
1. do walk around the car
2. check all openings, including under the engine/engine bay and inside wheel wells (don't forget to look inside the muffler)
3. if car was not parked with full tank of gas, fill it up. (if gas sits for too long it separates)
4. check battery and all electrical connections (check battery fro proper voltage) (if left outside bring battery in to warm it up overnight, room temp)
5. check condition of oil, if possible do oil change. pour clean oil into and let run out, then cap and refill.
6. check spark plugs (replace or clean as needed)
7. put like a squirt of light machine oil in to spark plug hole (lubricates inner areas)
8. check radiator fluid, (if thick or slushy.. do not start car till brought to room temp)
9. turn power on (DO NOT START)
10. listen for fuel pump running and all other lights to come on (warning lights come on and go off if ok and come on and stay on if problem) (some lights only go off after engine starts)
11. start the car, while running quickly check for normal operation noise, also visually check for any leaks.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Winter Storage||Lyonscars||Bimmerwerkz.com Site Help||0||10-29-2008 09:19 PM|
|Hard Starting '91 325i||adavis||3-Series (E21, E30)||24||04-07-2005 11:06 AM|
|Winter Storage - Hate Having To Put Her Away||Kairos||3-Series (E46, E90)||12||10-25-2004 05:34 PM|
|01 330i : storage bin part number for console....||brunoflipper||Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk||0||06-13-2004 05:17 PM|
|Winter storage||Dinan325is||Wash & Detail||0||11-21-2003 04:17 AM|