BMW Werkz banner

E46 330d performance chip help

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  miruku 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a 330d sport (an august 2003 model, UK). I am really pleased with it, especially with the power I get compared to how economical it is. I heard about performance chip and how I get around 25 hp more, as well as better fuel consumption. I am not too familiar with it:confused: . Could anyone help me out, is it a software or a chip I need, if so which one. Or is there a better performance upgrade which is not too costly and doesn’t require major modifications. Thanks a lot for your help guys.

#3 ·
It's never ended up a wash to use higher grade fuels in my bimmers.

My M3 gets 34 mpg on the highway with high octane. It gets about 29-30 with regular gas. That's more than a 10% difference in performance with less than 10% difference in price.

My 528 was capable of getting up to 37mpg on the highway with premium. I never got higher than 31 mpg with lower grade gas.

I haven't tried putting lower grade fuel in the 540 yet, and I don't think I will.

#4 ·
Wow. I should be so lucky to get 34. I get about 28-30 highway with 89. And you must live in an area where the difference in prices for the octanes isn't very great. Around here (Delaware valley area, SE PA) 87 goes for about 2.10, 89 at 2.30 and 93 at 2.50.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.