E46 320d Turbo & Webasto - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 04:38 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
maroek is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up

Hello everybody!
I am a tiro in this forums and looking for help. Very recently I bought my first car and my first bmw. In general it's great ... but I got two problems.
First the turbo: it seems that in certain range of rpm 2000-2500 the charger is turning on and off a few times causing a light jerking. I don't know whether it's due to bad condition of the turbo or something wrong with control unit e.g. pressure regulator or boost control. The car has 128k km (80k miles). Does anyone has similar problems and could help?
Second question refers to Webasto. I've got installed this unit in my car but donít have any ifnos how it works, when it starts and stops. I don't have a remote control or programming clock to operate it. Some say that it starts and stops automatically to keep constant temps but there should be a master switch. Webasto's name is Thermo Top Z/C -D. Does anyone of you have similar unit and how to operate it
Thanks for reading... and replays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 01:47 PM
2nd Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bad man working is an unknown quantity at this point
A lot of thing affect the operation of the turbo, BMW do have a problem at the moment with turboís themselves also the fault could be an air-mass meter and if itís direct injection it could be an injector BMW 320d suffer from all of these, to test the air-mass meter drive the car with it disconnected to test the injectors disconnect all the leak-off hoses from the top of the injectors and start the engine if the injectorís fault itíll pump Diesel out the leak-off.
As to the Webasto heater it is there to heat the coolant from cold It helps the heater get hotter quicker it is automatic and only runes at low temperatures (canít remember how low) On an E39 you could buy a remote for it but Iíve never seen one on an E46 All the E46 anxiety heater on UK car are run of the battery not on Diesel so you canít use them without the engine running but as yours is made by Webasto I guess itís Diesel so may be??????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)