Dsc & Abs Dash Lights On - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Ľ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2004, 12:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Car:
Posts: 3
Photos:
zjz4476 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello,

I am new to this forum, so my apologies if I am not following proper protocol in asking some questions. I have a 2000 E46 323i and both of my DSC and ABS dash lights have come on and as to be expected both my ABS and traction control are no longer working. It is my understanding that it may be the ABS speed sensor. If so, what wheel would I find it on? I understand that all four wheels have speed sensors on them. If this does not sound like a speed sensor can anyone provide some potential fixes.

I donít know if this would have caused the problem, but I put on new set of 18" BMW M3 performance package wheels on the car a year ago with no problems until now. Just a thought.

Please provide any insight you may have as I would like to fix the problem my self before spending the Big Bucks at the dealer.

Thank you

Zane Zwerenz
zjz4476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-09-2004, 05:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Car:
Posts: 30
Photos:
Trigati is an unknown quantity at this point
I wish I could help you...I've just finished 1 month of hell trying to get my DSC fixed under warranty....probably not related but they found mine to be a wire grounding out occasionally causing the DSC computer to fail.

When they started to check they first re-calibrated and then replaced the steering sensor. They then checked the logs on the wheel sensors to ensure they were working...finally they replaced the traction control computer itself. I believe this part cost about £1000 (UK pounds). They were about to move onto to replacing the Yaw sensor computer when they found the bad wire...30mmm of tape later and it's fixed.

All in all good luck...I wish you the best for this...
__________________
Mine's a Guiness.....
Trigati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 03:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b
 
vargonen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Car:
Posts: 29
Photos:
vargonen is an unknown quantity at this point
Trigati,

What kind of problems did you had when it is not working, also did u ask them do they have to make you wait 4 one month until they find the wire?

Ali.

Quote:
Originally posted by Trigati@Nov 9 2004, 01:49 PM
I wish I could help you...I've just finished 1 month of hell trying to get my DSC fixed under warranty....probably not related but they found mine to be a wire grounding out occasionally causing the DSC computer to fail.

When they started to check they first re-calibrated and then replaced the steering sensor. They then checked the logs on the wheel sensors to ensure they were working...finally they replaced the traction control computer itself. I believe this part cost about £1000 (UK pounds). They were about to move onto to replacing the Yaw sensor computer when they found the bad wire...30mmm of tape later and it's fixed.

All in all good luck...I wish you the best for this...
[snapback]227322[/snapback]
vargonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 11:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Car:
Posts: 30
Photos:
Trigati is an unknown quantity at this point
The problems faced when it wasn't working was just no traction control or ABS...so wheelspin and locking brakes on loose surfaces.

I travel for work and could only let them have the car every other day rather than for a continuous period. They would change a part or configure something, test drive it, it would not fail so they'd give it back...It would then fail for me. They said they had to follow the factory support technicians advise on what to change and when so the costs where covered by warranty.

The only reason they finally discovered the wire was they loaned me a good car for one week. During that week they sent out their sales staff in the car each night. On the last day of the week the salesman who drove the car was rather large and the system failed everytime he moved in his seat, braked or cornered hard. At that point they stripped out the seat to check the electrics and disciovered this wire on the loom along transmission tunnel?

See http://www.bmw-forums.com/forum/inde...howtopic=23633
__________________
Mine's a Guiness.....
Trigati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 03:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Car:
Posts: 147
Photos:
2001BMW330iRob is an unknown quantity at this point
I had the same lights on one day off the next!
I changed the brake fluid and all is well now!
Not sure if that helps!
I did it myself, no stealership intervention!
2001BMW330iRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 09:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Car:
Posts: 3
Photos:
zjz4476 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you for all of your feedback. My lights went on one day off the next, for about a week. Now they are on all the time. When you changed your brake fluid, did you do a complete flush? If so is there a write up on how to do this properly?

Thanks

Zane
zjz4476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 08:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
1st Gear Member
 
E36KindaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Baltimore
Car:
Posts: 101
Photos:
E36KindaGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
I am not 100% sure about this but I believe you need to recalibrate your system computer after putting on rims large then 17s.
E36KindaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 12:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
5th Gear Member
 
BMWLotAttendant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kansas, USA
Car:
Posts: 1,064
Photos:
BMWLotAttendant is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BMWLotAttendant Send a message via MSN to BMWLotAttendant
Sounds like bad news....when the DSC is off...you could seriuosly screw up your car worse than you think....better head off to the dealership...
BMWLotAttendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 05:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Car:
Posts: 147
Photos:
2001BMW330iRob is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by zjz4476@Nov 11 2004, 09:46 AM
Thank you for all of your feedback. My lights went on one day off the next, for about a week. Now they are on all the time. When you changed your brake fluid, did you do a complete flush? If so is there a write up on how to do this properly?

Thanks

Zane
[snapback]228632[/snapback]


http://www.trackhaus.com/category-exec/category_id/7

I bought my brake bleeder from trackhaus!
Great investment, I changed my brake fluid on both my 318i and 330i!
They give good directions, however if you are not mechanically inclined take it to a shop and get it done.
Brake fluid should be changed once every two years!
With the brake bleeder it is easy and actually fun to do!
There are some tricks to doing the job right!
Good luck.
2001BMW330iRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 12:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Car:
Posts: 13
Photos:
boaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by zjz4476@Nov 8 2004, 12:45 PM
Hello,

I am new to this forum, so my apologies if I am not following proper protocol in asking some questions. I have a 2000 E46 323i and both of my DSC and ABS dash lights have come on and as to be expected both my ABS and traction control are no longer working. It is my understanding that it may be the ABS speed sensor. If so, what wheel would I find it on? I understand that all four wheels have speed sensors on them. If this does not sound like a speed sensor can anyone provide some potential fixes.

I don’t know if this would have caused the problem, but I put on new set of 18" BMW M3 performance package wheels on the car a year ago with no problems until now. Just a thought.

Please provide any insight you may have as I would like to fix the problem my self before spending the Big Bucks at the dealer.

Thank you

Zane Zwerenz
[snapback]226844[/snapback]
boaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP - Brake, ABS, and DSC lights on Fangs 3-Series (E46, E90) 48 05-13-2011 01:39 PM
Questions About Dash Lights? Sasha 3-Series (E46, E90) 2 03-25-2005 04:05 PM
Dash Lights metalmayhem 3-Series (E36) 5 12-27-2004 09:53 AM
Dash Lights metalmayhem 3-Series (E36) 0 12-25-2004 04:35 AM
Dash lights out on MZ3.... NitroRoadster 1,6,7,8 - Series and Mini Cooper 2 10-16-2003 09:09 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.