Driving On 11 Month Old Gas - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 10:20 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Phatrician is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
My 1999 328i has been in for body repair for quite awhile (see other post) and for some reason they decided to drive it on the same gas that has been in there since the accident, which was December 2nd, 2003.
They told me it started sputtering, so they took it back to the mechanics', and now they can't figure out what is wrong with it.
I advised them it is possible that the gas may have lost it's oxygen, making burning difficult, but I am a noob, and this was just a theory.
Any thoughts?

They say the "computer" is telling them it is misfiring, but I thought that was obvious.

2001 330i Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 11:20 PM
What? No Autobahn?

jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile
more then likely it's gas or oil related... if your oil was never drained or flushed it'll build up really bad and cause some major problems. More then likely you'll need a new fuel filter and some new fuel. Also could be coils or spark plugs.

#3 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 04:14 AM
5th Gear Member

Speedy-325is is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Speedy-325is Send a message via MSN to Speedy-325is Send a message via Yahoo to Speedy-325is
bottom line....they didnt plan for it, they r in charge of ur car during this time, they r RESPONSIBLE for anything due to their neglegence. period.
their F***uP, their $$$$$.

ask a lawyer if u have questions. hell say the same thing.
#4 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 11:01 AM
2nd Gear Member

Mach 5 has a reputation beyond repute Mach 5 has a reputation beyond repute Mach 5 has a reputation beyond repute Mach 5 has a reputation beyond repute Mach 5 has a reputation beyond repute Mach 5 has a reputation beyond repute Mach 5 has a reputation beyond repute Mach 5 has a reputation beyond repute Mach 5 has a reputation beyond repute Mach 5 has a reputation beyond repute Mach 5 has a reputation beyond repute
Could be water forming in the tank. Oil change, oil filter change, drain the fuel, change fuel filter, and hope that varnish has not formed on the injectors and clogged them.
Ben

"It's not because I'm an aggressive driver, it's because I'm an idiot" actual quote from my wife.
#5 (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 01:27 AM
n00b

Phatrician is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Turns out it was something not installed incorrectly after pulling the engine out at some point during the body repair.
There was a coil replacement, they thought that fixed it, then I brought it back after I had it a few days, and they found that an incorrectly installed cover was hitting the ignition coil, making a bad connection....I drove it another week, and after the first day, the engine light has come back on, but it does not feel like there is anything wrong....I'll keep this updated.

2001 330i Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)