BMW Werkz banner

Does My 2001 325i Have Remote Keyless Entry?

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  alpinestar 
#1 ·
i bought my car used and the only key i got were the black plastic "wallet key" and the grey valet key that wont open the trunk....

the owner said that those were the only ones that came with it, and it didnt come with the keyless entry,,,,,so i have to unlock all of the doors, and go around and open the trunk that way....

is this right?

the dealership said that i could order the real key for like $80

#2 ·
All cars after the year 1999 comewith remote keyless entry so far as I know. You did not mention what year was the Bimmer yu bought. So if its a car after 1999 the guy just lost it or else i keeping it for himself for some unknown reason.???

But if it is an old car then maybe it did not. What the hell is a wallet key anyways? When I got my keys there were two remote keys, and one valet key thats it....not wallet key!

Anyways hope this helps and welcome to the forum

#3 ·
wallet key is one of those small plastic thin keys that can fit inside a wallet for emergencies.

Originally posted by 2001BMW325xi@Dec 15 2004, 03:53 PM
All cars after the year 1999 comewith remote keyless entry so far as I know. You did not mention what year was the Bimmer yu bought. So if its a car after 1999 the guy just lost it or else i keeping it for himself for some unknown reason.???

But if it is an old car then maybe it did not. What the hell is a wallet key anyways? When I got my keys there were two remote keys, and one valet key thats it....not wallet key!

Anyways hope this helps and welcome to the forum
[snapback]251523[/snapback]​

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.