Diy For Taking Door Panel Off - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 11:52 PM
2nd Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mikester328 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mikester328
(Thread Starter)
Hi all,

My father owns a 323i '99 and the front passenger side window won't go all the way up and down, it slows down halfway and it seems as if something is wedged up into the glass to make it not go up all the way or something, because if I pull the glass toward me when I'm sitting in the car while putting the power window up, it goes all the way up, I just need a DIY to get the door panel off and see what's making the window not function right. Any help would be great, pictures would be even better also.

Thanks, Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-22-2005, 10:43 AM
1st Gear Member

bryan1970 is an unknown quantity at this point
your problem is the window regulator they ar ea common problem on almost all BMW's. there are torx screws holding the door panel on. i think there are 4? on the sedan might be a lfew more or less. they will be located either in the door handle trim, the black part, behind a cover or along the bottom edge of the arm rest (some have covers some don't), i think there might be a few under the wood trim, and there is probablly one behine the side airbag emblem. i think the size of the screws are T25. i can't remember exacty how many screws there are but if you think ou have them all out then get a flat screw driver and wedge it between the door and the panel and pop some of the clips out of the door. just pull the door panel off andunplug all the connections for speakers and lights. if the door panel just seems like ti doesn't want o come off then you might have a screw left in the door panel. be sure and check and chack again. door panels are expencive!
once you get all the plastic clips put of the door the top of the panel will still be stuck on the door. just quickly pull the top up and out and it should come off. don't worry if it sounds like you are breaking aevery plastic piece in the door becasue it may sound that way. then if you take the foam vapor barrier off just peel a corner up and go along and cut the balck glue with a new razor balde. and try to leave a little glue on the door and the vapor barrier. if you don't then next time it rains real hard or you go through a car wash water will leak out fomr behind the door panel into the car. and when you put the panel back on be careful not to break the plastic clips that snap into the door. first get the top of the panel back on the door and just hold the rest of the panel up to the door and guide the plastic clips into their holes and just push the door clips back into thier holes once they are alighned with their holes.
#3 (permalink) Old 03-22-2005, 11:55 AM
2nd Gear Member

mikester328 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mikester328
(Thread Starter)
Yo Bryan,

Thanks for all the info. I'm going to print your response out and go try it. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)