Dissapearing Sunroof Shade!? (pics) - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-20-2008, 12:30 AM
quality

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Dissapearing Sunroof Shade!? (pics)

wtf?

Can the shade just dissappear inside the headliner?
I'm about to buy a 2001 330i and I can't seem to find the shade at all. Its just the moon roof glass.
Even if the previous owner removed the shade, how likely is that? Is it as easy as pulling it out?

Also how does not having the shade beneath the moon roof glass affect cabin temps in cold weather?

This is what I have...notice it is just the glass!

and I'm assuming this is normal, where you can see the shade and the shade's handle...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-20-2008, 12:41 AM

Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
hey Delmarco,
check this out.. this is probably what is going on.

DT

#3 (permalink) Old 09-20-2008, 06:26 AM
Help from over the pond

marti5 is on a distinguished road
Yes it should have a shade,it has probably come detatched and is in the roof-lining..

Yes it does effect cabin temp..... winter it will be colder......summer the top of your head may be bar-b-qued.

VELVET BLUE UK INDIVIDUAL , IM THE LAST
UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL

I stepped in a plate of Pasta the other day - now I have to worry about my Carbonara footprint!
#4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2008, 05:43 PM
quality

Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Tool View Post
hey Delmarco,
check this out.. this is probably what is going on.
???

check what out?

#5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2008, 07:20 PM
W00T

Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Numark318i
i have the same model an year and went thourgh this issue 6 months ago.

the clips that hold the shade in place tend to wear from the sun, leading to the clips breaking. So...either a the sun shade is all the way back (check to make sure its not still in there?) or they took it out because they didnt want to deal with it.

the clips are 5$. but the sushade is upwards of a $100. so hope they kept it.

install is easy. but...figure out if your gonna buy it first

#6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 03:52 PM

Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarco View Post
???

check what out?

oh geez.. did i forget to add the link ?

Sunroof / Moonroof Repair, BMW e46

there ya go ... sorry

DT

#7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 12:59 AM
quality

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numark318i View Post
i have the same model an year and went thourgh this issue 6 months ago.

the clips that hold the shade in place tend to wear from the sun, leading to the clips breaking. So...either a the sun shade is all the way back (check to make sure its not still in there?) or they took it out because they didnt want to deal with it.

the clips are 5$. but the sushade is upwards of a $100. so hope they kept it.

install is easy. but...figure out if your gonna buy it first
NuMark,
Whats up buddy!?
So I'm not the only one that would've went from a 318i to 330i.
Yeah, I'm pretty much going to buy the car since I left a 10% deposit to hold it until I send them my check from my bank.

So I guess its not a deal breaker issue since it is an easy fix.
I probably wont fix it since I always like to have my sunroof open anyways.

If I find that the cold in winter bothers me then I may fix it. But I was more concern with leakage and other things in that sunroof proximity being damaged.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)