BMW Werkz banner

dinan freeflow exhaust

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  cam540 
#1 ·
I am interested in upgrading my exhaust system. I have a stock 323 ci 2000 and I seen the dinan exhaust before. Perosnally, I don't want something that is loud and noisy, but rather, something that has a nice clean sound to it. Any suggestions? How is the Dinan exhaust? Any good?

G
#3 ·
dinans exhaust is no where near ricey, it just gives it a deeper tone, more of a grumble, dinan focuses on performance gains and then sound second...the exhaust is much lighter then your 323's exhaust, so it'll save some weight, i have a dinan exhaust for my m3 on order, so ill hopefully be satisfied by the exhaust

#4 ·
Overpriced, get a remus or supersprint.

#8 ·
Interesting topic.

Supersprint is one of the absolute few exhaust manufactures that GUARANTEES improvement in horsepower - and its a fact.

Supersprint has specialized in free flow exhaust systems.

Remus is also adding a slightly improvement in power, but their focus is sound - a deep throath like sound.

Eisenmann is a german exhaust manufacture - they have specialized in making rare/unique systems, like 4 rear pipes, etc.

Simon, a small Swedish manufacture, OEM for some of the german performance houses only makes exhaust systems that adds power, but not in the same range as supersprint.

MK motorsport - they are awesome, heading for the LOUD customers. - It's the closest sound to professional racing you will ever get - banned in several countries world wide.

And then do we have all the styling aftermarket brands, hamann, hartge, ACS, etc - all their exhaust are made by others. Supersprint is the OEM for Hamann and Hartge amough others.

A fact to keep in mind - when purchasing european made parts, such as Supersprint, Simons, Remus, MK motorsport, etc - will you be provided with a 2 year warranty due to EU warranty legislation. (well at least if purchased through a EU based seller)

If I my goal was power would I head for Supersprint - they are truely in their own league. They lead the exhaust market, everybody else is copycatting them.

If my goal was "decent sound" would I go for Remus, thats their focus area, if loud/wild MK motorsport all the way.

If on budget would I pick Simons.

#9 ·
UUC Pwnz all of you I would reccomend UUC!!! 4 SHo! Doesn't sound loud unless you're in the 5-7k rpm range. Will set off car alarms if you please. But very quiet under normal driving conditions. HP Gain??? Dunno 5-10 i have no clue. But I must admit I've had mine over a year and it sounds awesome.

Attachments

G
#10 ·
What exactly does "free-Flow" exhaust mean? Are all the exhausts, UUC, SuperSpring, AA, and Eisenmann exhaust "free-flow"? Personally, I want an exhaust that is quiet, yet has a styling look to it. I was really considering the dinan one because I readily get that without too much trouble, but not sure of the sound. I don't want to have to hear the "droning" sound when I'm cruising on the freeway at 75-130 mph ^_^ So, of all the previously stated brands of exhaust, which one is the quietest? As for looks, I like the straight dual round tips, like the OEM M3 style.

#11 ·
whoops, acidentally forgot to log in before I made the previous post, my bad. Anyways, a couple more things: what are the pricing ranges for each of the brand of exhaust mentioned for my car? Are they mounted on securely, like my stock exhaust? I noticed some cars that have aftermarket exhaust installed wobble and shake a lot when driving. I do not want my exhaust to do that, I want it to be securely mounted so it doesn't move. thanx guys for all your advice, very useful! ^_^v

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.