Firstly, I must compliment everyone's effort for posting such useful things in these forums. I have just bought a 2001 330i with Premium and Sports package and am very pleased with the car! I am looking to add some 'cool' stuff to the car without doing any major modifications.
I have been reading about these upgrades and have a couple of questions:
1. I have seen so many different upgrade 'kits' on various popular websites. Is this what needs to be purchased: Phosphyre Halos (Angel Eyes) for E46 http://www.m3motorwerks.com/products/descr...php/II=189/PA=0
. It is listed for $298.95.
2. How many sets do I need to purchase - does the $298.95 include the rigngs, wiring, box for all the 4 lights?
3. Does it require wiring for the switch? How does it work after installation. I have the OEM Xenon lamps as well as fog lamps.
3. Does anyone have the detailed installation steps needed for doing this? Is it easy to do with minimal tools.
4. Is there any downside to doing this upgrade - in terms on the load on the battery, alternator or the electrical system?
5. Does it void any warranty?
6. Which is th ebest place to buy. If you could send me the link, that would be just great.
Thanking you in anticipation.