CPO E46 coupe - window prob? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-17-2004, 05:33 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
vexed is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I got my first BMW - 2002 325ci.

I got the sports, premium, and climate. Oh man, i'm so stupid happy, and so are the cops.

Anyhoo...

I have two questions, I have a window problem with my car. It makes a clicking sound for the passenger side window. I tried to explain it to the dealer, but I have to coordinate time to show it to the mechanic. I've yet to find the time.

Basically, you just close the passenger side window. Drive for a little bit, it makes a click sound, as if the window's trying to fit in place. It does it once in a while when I go over bumps too. It's enough to annoy me. Anyone have any clues? Mechanic guessed it was the window regulator. But the dealer looked at it and it was all aligned to him

The second question. Some really hateful person, bumped into my rear bumper while it was parked. Sigh* But it has small scratch marks. It looks like a white faded imprint on my mystic blue paint. Think the paint stick is enough to get rid of it or is there a wax or clay that can take care of it.

Aside from that, i love it. I had to have the wheels re-aligned but aside from that it drives like a dream. When i first got it, I had to pull out soo many leaves fromt he front grill; wiggle my fingers inside the air trap. So far the only thing I got for the car are the rubber matts from eagleday.com: nearly half the price from the dealer.

I still need to look into rags for the outside/interior/seats/dash/wheels/window.

Parking it still gets me all worried about it =P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-18-2004, 09:53 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
I've been reading around in the forums about my window creaking problem. Turns out it's a regularly occuring thing on most e46 models.

http://www.bmw-forums.com/forum/topic15678.html

Couple people suggested gel and stuff, maybe a regulator that needs to be replaced, or even space between the felt and the back surface that needed to be sealed. Either way I have to have it fixed, it's driving me nuts.
#3 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 05:30 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Turns out to be a bad window regulator. The window kept going too far into the door frame.

I'm having it replaced for free
#4 (permalink) Old 08-26-2004, 11:17 PM
n00b

bmwerkes is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah thats a common problem w/ e46's. Next time your cars in for service get them to check the control arm bushings as well, they commonly fail. mine went at 20k miles!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)