BMW Werkz banner

A couple recent pictures

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  wolfsburgkid 
#1 ·
See less See more
#7 ·
How does it drive with the slam like that? Any issues? Those rims arnt my taste at all but I guess you like em since you put em on.

#9 ·
Any tire wear issues? Looks like its got some pretty good camber their.

#10 ·
I got camber arms so i could camber the back to what i need. to get the wheels to fit like that i have it set to -5 degrees. since bmw has that sealant crap in the rear fender lips i cant get them rolled flat, they are rolled and slightly pulled, but not flat. i'd say the rear fender lips are still about 1/4" thick. That being said thats why i have so much camber (sidewall of tire only clears by a couple mm but doesn't rub)

As for tire issues. Yes the toe is off horribly from the camber. Within 1.5k i had nearly worn thru my rear tires (fronts wear perfectly though). so i swapped the fronts to the rear and vise versa. Which got me another 1.5k out of the set of tires. So 3k and my tires were shot :(

The reason i just didnt get it aligned was because i couldn't find a shop with a pit that didn't charge an arm and a leg to do it. All the normal alignment racks i cant get on even with special ramps because of my height. After visiting a couple shops and some recommendations i finally found a place with a pit

But yeah, so thankfully i've finally found a shop that has a pit so I can get my toe corrected. I'm definitely getting that done as soon as the wheels with new tires go back on here in a couple weeks.

Reference shot of ride height

dsc_1933 by wolfsburgkid, on Flickr

dsc_1945 by wolfsburgkid, on Flickr

dsc_1953 by wolfsburgkid, on Flickr

dsc_2213 by wolfsburgkid, on Flickr

and here is my winter mode/current state the car is in

dsc_2184 by wolfsburgkid, on Flickr

In spring time I plan on putting in my shorter springs up front, and ordering some stiffer springs for the rear of the car (so i wont hit wheel lips into the fenders anymore). My hopes are to go about a quarter inch lower front and back.

#11 ·
Your going even LOWER??? How is that going to be possible without major rubbing issues?

Also, i love the car with the winter wheels better then I do the summer ones...

#12 ·
yeah i plan on it. i only have rubbing problems in the rear, but with the stiffer springs that i'm getting for the rear that should solve those problems and keep me from rubbing so much. :shifty

and yeah a lot of people do, but i'm not into my winter wheels. they are only 8" wide and have curb rash. but for the price i paid for them i it was a pretty good deal since they came with almost new Blizzaks on them :D

#13 ·
I dot understand how you can turn your wheels like that. I'm lowered on Koni springs with about a 1.5" drop and 18"s and I rub in the corners. Usually only harder cornering. I haven't rolled my fenders yet which I have been meaning to do for a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.