Compact 316 Ti Major Problems! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2004, 04:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
lindendavies is an unknown quantity at this point
hi there!!

I have had my bmw for 6 months, it has at the moment 40 thousand miles on the clock.

It has been back for a rear diff, a clutch, handbrake alignment, propshaft allignment 3 times, some sort of modification on the propshaft, to dampen noise.

I have pushed for a replacement, the car has been back 8 times for the problems above and more that i cannot remember at this moment, but now, this is the problem, that has been ongoing since i owned the car.

There is a noise coming from the engine that is louder than other compacts, it has a quiet but noticeable rattiling coming from the left side of the engine, (the side with the oil filler cap) the service mnager says it is something to do with that.

It is made worse when driving by traffic and the noise bounces back, like a bearing sound. I dont know what it is, it is very annoying. and i think that with having only 6 months warranty left, it will prove costly soon.
lindendavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2004, 05:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
hey, does anyone have any suggestions? i need help on this one.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
vargonen is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi,

Do you notice any errors in DME? or any signal that gives you an idea?

Also what the stuff at the service tells you about the noise? Do they call it normal? if yes try to make them listen a normal ti and yours at the same time.

If they tell you it is not normal but it is not a problem, tell them this bmw and it is a problem for me. Now adays I am dealing with my stupid valvetronic problem, so try to get whatever you could from them. You paid money for quality and you have to get it! I think.

Ali.

Quote:
Originally posted by lindendavies@Nov 7 2004, 12:53 AM
hi there!!

I have had my bmw for 6 months, it has at the moment 40 thousand miles on the clock.

It has been back for a rear diff, a clutch, handbrake alignment, propshaft allignment 3 times, some sort of modification on the propshaft, to dampen noise.

I have pushed for a replacement, the car has been back 8 times for the problems above and more that i cannot remember at this moment, but now, this is the problem, that has been ongoing since i owned the car.

There is a noise coming from the engine that is louder than other compacts, it has a quiet but noticeable rattiling coming from the left side of the engine, (the side with the oil filler cap) the service mnager says it is something to do with that.

It is made worse when driving by traffic and the noise bounces back, like a bearing sound. I dont know what it is, it is very annoying. and i think that with having only 6 months warranty left, it will prove costly soon.
[snapback]225850[/snapback]
vargonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 03:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
PMB
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
PMB is an unknown quantity at this point
I would take it to a non BMW (independant) garage or assessor like the AAA to have the problems assessed. Even if it costs you a few bucks, then you can take that report back to BMW before the warranty expires.
PMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Sorted, they replaced the car free of charge with a better and more expensive model.

I had it cross refrenced with another model, it had 10 thousandmore miles on it, but it was much quieter, however, the dealership being their usual self suggested it could still be normal engine deterioation. Assholes!!

Thanks for the suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)