Colored bulbs from Lightlens.com - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2006, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Ocean02 is on a distinguished road
Colored bulbs from Lightlens.com

Hey guys.

So after I ordered my clear corners, I quickly logged on to Lightlens.com (as referred from someone on this forum) and ordered light blue clear corner bulbs and some blue interior bulbs.

I installed all of them on Saturday and I am....well, less than satisfied to say the least. The blue "paint" (or whatever the hell it is) on the interior bulbs literally burned off the bulbs in less than 10 minues of use. Thus leaving a brown/yellow hue to the light and the bulb is friggin' brown/green now! This happened on all 5 bulbs (1 dome up front, 2 under dash bulbs, and two rear seat bulbs).

On the corner bulbs, they are shorter and wider at the base of the actual glass than the OEM 1156 bulbs. So the result is that they don't fit into the housing as you cannot push them down far enoug the twist them. I had to shave the little plastic bumps on the inside of the housing to make the bulb fit. Then the light emitting from the bulb isn't blue or white at all, but looks like friggin' OEM yellow/crap color!

Shame on Lightlens.com for selling such a crappy product. I looked up their return policy today and it clearly states that anything taken out of the package will not be returned. Nice con job, guys.

Just thought you all should know before you order from them. I'm not at all saying that this company is bad, but be forewarned.

I did email Lightlens.com to tell them about this, so we'll see what happens. Nevertheless, I now need to purchase new bulbs. Looks like I shoulda' gone with the interior Xenon lighting kit from Bimmian.com afterall. ....sigh....
Ocean02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2006, 08:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
miztuhdan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to miztuhdan
Like the forum sponsor would say, stick to those who have credentials. Here's my list, hope you find it useful.

https://jlevistreetwerks.com/store/
http://www.bimmian.com/46
http://www.umnitza.com
http://www.bmwwheels.com
http://www.stealthauto.com/Store/Pro...tid=DPE-WHEELS

um when I think of more I'll give more links

Um btw with that company. If it strictly says it gives off a blue tone, read up on their website on how long that "blue" lasts. If it says "10 minutes" or whatever, call them on it. I'd go in heavy debate that is false advertising.

Track Day-- Spartanburg, SC

United BMW Parts Department

Last edited by miztuhdan; 02-27-2006 at 08:24 PM.
miztuhdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 01:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Thanks miztuhdan,

I emailed Lightlens.com and they told me that different cars give off different amount of wattage or something. The bulb may be too hot for my car....??? They told me that I should sick with the LED lights that burn cooler and don't use "cheap paint" on the bulbs. No shit.

My question is, why sell "cheap bulbs" and then tell people not to buy them?

Sigh.....
Old 02-28-2006, 01:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
BMWERKEN is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BMWERKEN
Sorry to hear about your issues. Although we cannot help with your interior lights we do offer LED front, rear and side turn signals that are completely white when off and blink in your choice of amber or hyperwhite.

Call Toll Free: 1.888.JLEVISW
PREDATOR ICE OEM ANGEL EYE UPGRADE | PREDATOR CHROMIUM ANGEL EYES | LED TURN SIGNALS
BMWERKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
How much would these cost with shipping? I really want to start buying from you, but I found cheaper deals on Ebay.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
BMWERKEN is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BMWERKEN
Check out our website...here are the product pages. Our site automatically calculates shipping totals.

Few differences between us and ebay:

*Long term support
*Almost instantaneous communication
*The assurance that you will get a quality product
*Fully complete kits including installation guides
*Tried and tested products
*Secure shopping without the risk of fraud

That's just the short list

LED Front and Side Turn Signals
http://jlevistreetwerks.com/store/pr...88d42590f03ae6

LED Sidemarkers
http://jlevistreetwerks.com/store/pr...75f23339d6b07d

Call Toll Free: 1.888.JLEVISW
PREDATOR ICE OEM ANGEL EYE UPGRADE | PREDATOR CHROMIUM ANGEL EYES | LED TURN SIGNALS
BMWERKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)