BMW Werkz banner

Clutch Adjustment - E46 318 CI

10K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DiarmaidGNR 
#1 ·
Hi All.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if you are able to adjust the clutch pedal so the biting point changes. Reason I ask is because i have noticed that the bitiing point of the clutch is quite high.

Its my first BMW and not really sure where the biting point should be. The car was bought second hand, its a 2003 and only done 25k miles (so I dont think the clutch is on its way out). The clutch pedal itself is soft so again im not thinking the clutch needs changing however im open to suggestions from anyone.

Ive been told by colleagues that on some cars you able to adjust the biting point at the clutch pedal. Is this possible on my car?

Cheers
Dean

#3 ·
BMWJNKY said:
There is no adjustment on a BMW clutch, its a full hydro. system so there are no cables or arms to adjust. If the clutch isn't grabbing untill the pedal is high up the clutch is probably worn out.
Thats the news I was dredding. Its not biting right at the top but its not at the bottom either. Are there any other E46 owners here who can tell me where their clutch biting point is.

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.