Climate control - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2004, 10:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Relevart is an unknown quantity at this point
Folks,
I have 2001 325I. I was suprised, that AC seems kinda weak.
Then I noticed, on rainy day, that it is almost no outside air coming in the car.
Lowering temperature just makes no difference, except fan noise. Changing mode with air circullation botton doesn't seem improve air quality.
I want to visit service department, and ask them to check system out. Last time I asked them to inspect the climate control, the guy wrote no problem found. But he didn't drove it closed windows...
Anybody can share their experience?

Relevart
Relevart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2004, 05:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
ollyh is an unknown quantity at this point
ghead I know this sounds obvious but have you pressed the A/C button (snow flake to the right hand side of your climate control buttons). I had the same problem and it was simply because I had not pressed the a/c on.

Hope this helps, if not at least I tried!
Old 05-18-2004, 09:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
cakman2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to cakman2 Send a message via MSN to cakman2 Send a message via Yahoo to cakman2
Me too, I figured the snowflake was for the defroster or something
cakman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 09:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
missamo80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Me three. I have to say I'm not impressed with BMW's automatic climate control. My Jetta's way of doing it was so much nicer: you just pressed the auto button and let it do its thing. AC, heat, whatever, it just did it. No silly little wheel to jog on the dash either, next to the vents.

Neil
missamo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 10:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
Send a message via AIM to cakman2 Send a message via MSN to cakman2 Send a message via Yahoo to cakman2
Mine works like a charm, you could hang meat in there with it on full tilt. A nipple hardening chill. Haven't had to use the heater yet and won't need to I assume after moving to Miami. I guess the cold weather package was an unnecessary option but they only order them that way in STL.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
clubin is an unknown quantity at this point
cakman2: Indeed, your cold weather package will go to waste here. With dark leather in my current ride and 90-something temps, what I really need is /cooled/ seats right about now (saw them mentioned in the ad for some other car company and they seemed more useful than heated ones).

What/where is STL? St. Louis? South-Atlanta? :P
Old 06-04-2004, 01:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
Gargoyle69 is an unknown quantity at this point
did you say something about cooled seats. wher did you say you saw that. man i need to get my hands on those.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
STLMO-

Coming to South Florida in July.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
That is Freaking cool. I will have to look into that.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
nobodeuno is an unknown quantity at this point
Let me ask this while on the subject, is the only way to turn off the AC/fan is to keep hitting the fan button until bars go down and unit turns off. I have never had a car that didn't have a way to turn off the fan without multiple hits.....I 'm not talking about turning off the compressor but just the entire system. I have to step the fan down until it goes off and dail turns black.

Is this all there is?
nobodeuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 01:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
I am not sure that that is the only way, but I do not think that it is an unreasonable way of doing it. All of the American cars that i have owned you had to turn a dial four or five clicks to turn it off or slide a contrtol arm left or right though four or five different settings, i.e. defrost, ac, heat. i think the system is fine. You can turn it off with only two hits of the button as long as you hold it down when you first hit it and then hit it again to turn it off. Not sure if this helps or if this was even what you wanted but I tried. why would you want to turn off the fan completely anyway, if you do not mind my asking. Even if I have the windows down I leave the fan on low.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
nobodeuno is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Gargolyle...That helps to know the button can be held! My previous Acura CL-S could be turned off with the hit of one button and then had memory to hit the button and go back to the same settings as when you turned it off...If I don't need to use the fan and the weather is perfect why would I need to run it....daaah
Thanks again!
nobodeuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 01:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
Well that is cool. I wish that my other cars had had that option.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
clubin is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry Gargoyle. Don't remember which car the ad was for. It was on a large, wall sign at the airport I work at. I'll try to remember to check it out again this Saturday.
clubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 12:43 AM   #15 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
TECH is an unknown quantity at this point
I believe the situation was a LACK of air VOLUME into the car, not the temperature of the air. Man, some service writer you guys would be. Bad info to the tech, equals a hassle for everyone.

Change your microfilter. It's right agains the firewall when you open the hood, to the rear of the engine bay. Twist 3 clips to remove a cover, and the clogged filter is right there.

If the fan doesn't respond to the speed you want, then the blower resistor is bad.

:P
TECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)