I am preparing my first car purchase and I have been looking around at a number of cars around the price range of $23,000 and under (I know its a lot but my parents understand im into cars and my brother got a N/A 97 Supra for his 1st) . Speed is a LARGE factor, as I will be racin competively wiht my brother and his friends and I have a school of about 1000 and it is important for me to have the fastest car (while this is not that hard at the moment as my bro with the '97 N/A Supra is the fastest, second is a V6 Auto. camaro), not to mention the ability to take off with friends in the car while your driving alongside another of your friends - its just plain cool
. Anyways I had been looking into a number of cars I am looking for your guys' personal opinions.
1. 330ci - Very classy, and decent performance with chip and exhaust, however slightly over my under 23k price range
2. 325ci - Again classy and chic but a big leap down in performance from a 330ci
3. Supercharged 323ci - Im not too sure about the price about this, but should be pretty damn good performance ( maybe .5 a second better than a 330ci?)
4. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution - The class just isnt there but the speed is, people only think its cool if they know about cars, so thats about 10 people at my school. But perhaps even moreso out of the price range?
5. Mitsubishi 3000GT Vr4 - Speed, and the sporty look is very enticing, but hte reliability kinda sucks
6. Chipped A4 - Pretty fast with the +50 HP Chip and shit, rivals a 330ci in perofrmance, OK looking.
I realize this is a BMW forum and there is a tendency for BMW bias but Id like to your guys' opinion if you had these choices under my circumstances, keep in mind id buy these cars at around 50k miles (to drive down price). and only manual. Obviously I couldnt do that wiht hte evo but if I waited maybe 6 months I could find one wiht 20k miles or sumthin.
While Im at my first post Id figured Id squeeze in some more questions I had to not take up space.
1. I heard the 330ci has the same engine as the e36 m3, could this mean i could put in an e36 m3 turbo kit (the only turbos ive seen for BMWs)?
2. Id really appreciate it if ANYONE could post their numbers and shit they have on their bimmers because when I searched I couldnt find anything as far as 1/4 Mile times or RWHP after upgrades.
I realize a lot of 12 year old kids post here with no point and no intention of buying a bimmer ever, but I really appreciate your guys' opinions, it is really important to me as I have read the forum for a little while and you guys seems very knowledgeable and savvy.