Cheap Tires - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 11:03 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
candersen10 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Cheap Tires

I have a 2007 E90 BMW 335i sedan which needs new rear tires. I've decided to replace the tires with non-runflats and would like to find the cheapest possible tires. The sizing is 255/35 R18. Does anyone recomend a cheap tire?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 06:17 AM
4th Gear Member

bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to bimmerguy82
Just out of curiosity, why would you want to buy a 2007 335i and put cheap ass tires on it? I mean, you don't need the most expensive tires but atleast middle grade if you want any kind of decent wear and traction. just my 2 cents

BMWcrazy

|AA stage 1 software| UUC light flywheel and clutch| UUC EVO 3 ssk | K&N Intake | Ebay Headers |

BMWCCA member#407674

Founding member of the hit 145 mph in my almost stock 325i BMW club.
#3 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 07:35 AM
Mr. Bacon

dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
Already changing tires? BMW and cheap dont go well together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by german-speed-demon View Post
You may now add "yes, i'm an asshole" to your sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
#4 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 08:54 AM
4th Gear Member

bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb
Already changing tires? BMW and cheap dont go well together.
^word

BMWcrazy

|AA stage 1 software| UUC light flywheel and clutch| UUC EVO 3 ssk | K&N Intake | Ebay Headers |

BMWCCA member#407674

#5 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 09:58 AM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Go to The Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels to find good, reasonably priced tires. Guys, he/she prolly means tires that are about $100 a pop instead of $300 each.

#6 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Mr. Bacon

dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
Quote:
Originally Posted by candersen10
Does anyone recomend a cheap tire?
Should say reasonably priced , low cost or good deal tires. Cheap tires for me sounds like motormaster or w-e stores call their tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by german-speed-demon View Post
You may now add "yes, i'm an asshole" to your sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
#7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 10:51 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drz
Go to The Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels to find good, reasonably priced tires. Guys, he/she prolly means tires that are about $100 a pop instead of $300 each.
Exactly. Anything is cheap really in comparison with the cost of 2 new runflats. I'm replacing the original runflats which failed after less than 2,000 miles.
#8 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 01:00 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
General Tire company, Exclaim UHP line.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 07:02 PM
1st Gear Member

1LOBOSS will become famous soon enough 1LOBOSS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshsanders82
Just out of curiosity, why would you want to buy a 2007 335i and put cheap ass tires on it? I mean, you don't need the most expensive tires but atleast middle grade if you want any kind of decent wear and traction. just my 2 cents

Amen. I have a cheap ass 05 gt and managed to spend 550.00 Cdn per tire. (Michelin Pilots). I see this cheap tire thing on all cars ie Mustangs Bmw's etc etc and I just shake my head. Some of these include Nexans, Kumho's blah blah. The old adage you get what you pay for! 02 cents. Oh ya I'm surprised they are that slim ie 255's

I am a jolly green giant in the land of little people
#10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 07:06 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Given that the car is a 2007 BMW 335 and thus is a high quality car and not a hyundai, I assumed that the term "cheap" did not imply 40 dollar tires, but instead implied a decently priced non-run flat tire that would perform well. I apologize for any confusion caused by my use of the term "cheap."
#11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 05:19 AM
4th Gear Member

it's all good. I did not want to sound mean or anything, but it annoys me when people spend money to have a "BMW" and treat it like it's a kia. That's obviously not your case. You just wanted reasonably priced tires. But when I hear the word cheap, it makes me think of like $30-40 tires.

BMWcrazy

BMWCCA member#407674

#12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 10:52 AM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
So what did you get?

#13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 12:23 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Went to the local tire store today and they claimed that it was a bad idea to replace just the rears with non-runflats and leave the fronts as runflats. So I think I'm just going to replace the one leaking runflat with a runflat for now, and when they wear out I'm going to scrap the runflat setup entirely and go for non-runflats and fix-a-flat. The car is a 335i 6 spd (manual) and it gets driven pretty aggresively so the idea of having non-matching tires front to back doesn't seem like a good one.
#14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 01:56 AM
n00b

benzin is on a distinguished road
I use GoodYear eagel F1,Best tier iv ever used.There summer tiers.I live in Florida and a non Hydroplaneing tier is a must.Real sticky on hot roads and the best ever in rain.Very quit.+ they look real cool.Not that I would ever buy a tier for its looks.You never see snow here so thats not a problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)