Cd Changer Question - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 03:07 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fitch1923 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hey guys, im brand new to the forum but not to bmws . I have a question and hope that this forum will be able to help me. I have a 2001 330xi with a 6 cd changer and nav. For some odd reason, the cd player stopped working, it wouldnt recognize any discs. I am not sure what the problem is, but I have a hunch my brother trying to play an mp3 cd on it could have done the trick. After taking out the cd changer the nav stopped working. I have seen a couple good deals on cd changers on ebay lately, some that looked very simmilar to mine but had different model numbers in the back. Usually the first three sets of numbers matched mine but the others wouldnt. Do I have to get the same model cd changer, or will others work. I would also not mind getting an aftermarket cd changer if it and the nave would work properly. Thanks for any help on the situation.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 02:53 PM
n00b

Fitch1923 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
ttt
#3 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 03:26 PM
n00b

vargonen is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Mike,

It could be about the motor system of the cd changer, that changes the selected CD to the laser beam. Also there could be a problem with the laser of your cd reader, as the same you could have in your computer, about dust or something else, and you could have some problems with your sockets that connects the cd player to your system. Please check all of them one by one, connect the cd changer to your car and listen, do you hear nay wierd noise, or it works? If you could open the case (if you are brave enough maybe you could clean the lens too)

ali.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fitch1923@Nov 7 2004, 11:07 PM
Hey guys, im brand new to the forum but not to bmws . I have a question and hope that this forum will be able to help me. I have a 2001 330xi with a 6 cd changer and nav. For some odd reason, the cd player stopped working, it wouldnt recognize any discs. I am not sure what the problem is, but I have a hunch my brother trying to play an mp3 cd on it could have done the trick. After taking out the cd changer the nav stopped working. I have seen a couple good deals on cd changers on ebay lately, some that looked very simmilar to mine but had different model numbers in the back. Usually the first three sets of numbers matched mine but the others wouldnt. Do I have to get the same model cd changer, or will others work. I would also not mind getting an aftermarket cd changer if it and the nave would work properly. Thanks for any help on the situation.

Mike
[snapback]226356[/snapback]
#4 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 04:06 AM
n00b

threetwoeight is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by vargonen+Nov 9 2004, 09:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vargonen @ Nov 9 2004, 09:26 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hi Mike,

It could be about the motor system of the cd changer, that changes the selected CD to the laser beam. Also there could be a problem with the laser of your cd reader, as the same you could have in your computer, about dust or something else, and you could have some problems with your sockets that connects the cd player to your system. Please check all of them one by one, connect the cd changer to your car and listen, do you hear nay wierd noise, or it works? If you could open the case (if you are brave enough maybe you could clean the lens too)

ali.

<!--QuoteBegin-Fitch1923
@Nov 7 2004, 11:07 PM
Hey guys, im brand new to the forum but not to bmws* . I have a question and hope that this forum will be able to help me. I have a 2001 330xi with a 6 cd changer and nav. For some odd reason, the cd player stopped working, it wouldnt recognize any discs. I am not sure what the problem is, but I have a hunch my brother trying to play an mp3 cd on it could have done the trick. After taking out the cd changer the nav stopped working. I have seen a couple good deals on cd changers on ebay lately, some that looked very simmilar to mine but had different model numbers in the back. Usually the first three sets of numbers matched mine but the others wouldnt. Do I have to get the same model cd changer, or will others work. I would also not mind getting an aftermarket cd changer if it and the nave would work properly. Thanks for any help on the situation.

Mike
[snapback]226356[/snapback]
[snapback]227554[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

Don't know if this is of any help, but I just got a 328i and the CD changer couldn't recognise any CDs either. If you play copied CDs.... if the CD changer is not compatible, it will burn out the laser. It is a bit like driving on the motorway in the wrong gear and driving into the red all the time..... it will be working too hard all the time and sooner or later, it will just stop working! Home copied CDs are not burnt as deep as bought CDs, so if you want to play copied CDs, make sure your CD player will play CDr's and CDRW's. I got a new changer that plays CDRW's.... works well! Hope that is of some help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)