BMW Werkz banner

Carbuying Advice

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  jimmythepie 
#1 ·
I am a recent college Grad. I want to buy a certified-pre owned 328i. Most of my mileage is commute to work and occasional weekend drives which would be around 700 miles per month. My budget isaround 25-27k and i plan to keep the car for 5-6 years.

I want some advice regarding the model year i should be looking for. I would also like to know the reliability/maintanece costs of 328i and whether i should buy the BMW extended warranty.

It would of great help if you BMW connoisseurs can help out a novice like me.

#3 ·
Why does their sex have to do with it?

OP, are you looking for reliability and comfort or performance? Do you think you might want to mod the vehicle? If yes, leasing is out. Can't touch a leased vehicle.

The 335i is an excellent vehicle but of you weren't aware it's the N55 single turbo motor. The 328 is naturally aspirated. The 335 is better if you want performance. If your wanting reliability and comfort go the 328 as their cheaper. I'm not sure if a 335 is in your budget.

I'm really anti dealer and I think the "extended" warranties are huge ripoffs. I've heard too many stories of dealers charging for work supposed to be covered under warranty or refusing to honor the warranty that I wouldn't even bother. Save your money for maintenance costs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.