BMW Werkz banner

Carbon fiber Hood for 323Ci?!

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  ConnieLynnGus 
#1 ·
I'm thinking carbon fiber hood for my 323Ci...

What you guys think?... I like to keep it in stock but...

All the rock chips just F..king pissing me off seriosly.... :pissed2

especailly when i wax!!!! :banghead

anyways since i don't know much about carbon fiber hood...

any opinion for what would be good choice?!

This is my first car and I'm newbie :p as you can see...

So please help me out ~~~ :thumbs

Thank You~

PS My car is black~ :rock

#3 ·
don't do it dude-it's a trick. carbon fiber is just ghetto-almost altogether. there are only a few things that look cool with cf. in my opinion the hood is not one of them. you can get a heat shrunk clear bra on the whole front end and side mirrors for like four hundred bucks and they work excellent for the rock chip problem.

#4 ·
First off CF is a great way to minimize your cars weight. ask autotechnica hes grazy about decreasing his cars weight. I love to see CF hoods unpainted only on blakc cars. my friend has it and your cant tell its unpaitned until you look up close, which is how it should be. And only black. Although i have nvr seen a cf hood for an e46. I believe it is becuase the hood rounds off at the mose where it holds the kidney grills.

#5 ·
Carbon Fiber hoods belong on Cavaliers and Hyundai's.

I know all about rock chips. I used to live in Canada. Keep your distance (10 or so car lengths away) from the vehicle in front of you, never follow 18 wheelers or dump-trucks and slow down. Don't get a bra. I had a bra on a Honda one time ... it destroy's the finish on the hood. The plastic wind deflector would also be a good idea for the winter months.

If you get a lot of snow with salty / sandy roads consider buying a clunker 2nd car (couple thousand bucks) for the days when the roads are wet. Keep the BMW in the garage. That's what I did.

#6 ·
Yikes, alot of CF hating going on. :(

I'd not go for CF myself either unless you were really building a car for some AutoX or tracking. If you are 'topping off' a heavily modified car, it's a great way to lower weight. That should be your only real reason for 'needing' it. If you want a cf look on the hood well, I guess that's another valid reason. It's your car do as you like.

PLEASE paint it, would be my only suggestion. I agree with the folks saying it looks out of place, but I'd not say don't get it for that reason.. Just paint it, you'll have a 'sleeper' hood.. :thumbs

Actually since you have a black car, it wouldn't look too bad, black is the only color I'd put CF on and NOT immediately paint it the body color. It will still stick out somewhat. You'll get more folks wanting to sprint to the next red light with you if you put it on, I think.. :idea2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.