Car Accelaration problem - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 10:16 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
eran is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hi

I need help regarding a new problem with my 2000 323 bmw

The car started to have a very strange problem that happens between the time you start the car until it is shut off.
Once you restart the car it is 33% that this ride is going to be a problem.

Here are the syptmos:

The car ignition take about 1/2 second more then the regular

Once the car starts you have about 50% down in accelaration
This mean you can presss the gaz 100% and the rpm is on 2000.
The engine sounds good as if the computer is prevanting regular drive.

The unknown thing about this issue is that when I close the car wait few minutes and reopen it it can start up normally and drive will be ok.

The car will never change in the middle of the drive meanning if it starts ok then it will drive ok, if it starts bad then it will drive bad until next time.

If you just close the switch and restart it will most lieklly not change anything.

What can make a difference is if you close the car with the key or open with the ley letting the alarm to start and then turn it off.
This usully can give you a good drive after.

I am a qualuity service engineer and immidiatlly suspected that soething is wrong with the software of the car.
I have recorded 1 month of car drives and does not have a clear clue yet.

I suspect the alarm system or the additinal Multi Lock imbolizer Gps system that asks for a code in order to start the car, this is a must here in israel.

The solution has to be something bmw do once when you start the car. it can not be a sensor that reads data during the drive many times since as I said the decision is made when you start the car.

I am waiting for a response from BMW in germany.

I will appriciate any clue for this problem since I am not fimiliar with the design of the electronic system and computer of the car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 01:45 PM
n00b

boaz is an unknown quantity at this point
every time you set the car off the computer is reseting but it takes time try to switch off and then wait for afew hour without locking the car see if its solve the problem if not try this switch the key to position 2 without starting the car press the reset button of the trip until its shown test press rapidetly until its show test 19
then wait whe its show off press the button for at least 0.5 sec then release it goto test 21 wait, when you see test changing to reset press the button again it will reset the obc (on board comp) see if it helps you if not do the hole process but after you see 19 off press for 0.5 sec an go to test 2 (2 presses after test 21) wait untill you see test 0.2 then press the button again you will see the all the clock going up and down again and the all the lighte flashing this will reset your software
try this nothing bad can happend this is inside info use it. it will save you afew $$$
Lahat Boaz
alonitr@hotmail.com
#3 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 01:45 PM
n00b

boaz is an unknown quantity at this point
every time you set the car off the computer is reseting but it takes time try to switch off and then wait for afew hour without locking the car see if its solve the problem if not try this switch the key to position 2 without starting the car press the reset button of the trip until its shown test press rapidetly until its show test 19
then wait whe its show off press the button for at least 0.5 sec then release it goto test 21 wait, when you see test changing to reset press the button again it will reset the obc (on board comp) see if it helps you if not do the hole process but after you see 19 off press for 0.5 sec an go to test 2 (2 presses after test 21) wait untill you see test 0.2 then press the button again you will see the all the clock going up and down again and the all the lighte flashing this will reset your software
try this nothing bad can happend this is inside info use it. it will save you afew $$$
Lahat Boaz
alonitr@hotmail.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)