BMW Werkz banner

Can not read codes

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  enviropc 
#1 ·
Hi, ive just got my first E46 and his is my first post so Hi guys!!

The ABS light is onon my 1999 323i coupe and i have plugged in my ELM327 ver 1.2a lead using my laptop and can read various sensors using various bits of software but none of the software i have will let me read any fault codes or reset the oil service metre.
on the disc i have their was a folder called BMW that comtained a program called car scanner but this software does not connect to the car but other software will.

Basicaly my question is what software do you guys use on your USB OBD cables and is it available for free download anywhere?

Id like to be able to read and reset the fault codes and reset the oil service metre.

Thanks in advance.
justin

#2 ·
ELM327 software does not read ABS codes, Neither will it rest oil maintenance lights.

ELM327 and it's program software will read OBD2 engine codes only. They're working to expand the range but i don't think there is a ready proggie just yet.

oil reset: i have several past posts on how to do this. use the search function in the tabs above. type in oil reset and you should find the sequence with no probs :)

Cheers

#4 ·
am looking at the same things. I will let you know what i find.

the program fron Palmer Engineering looks good. But yet again, still no ABS, SRS codes yet.

Quite frankly, an Actron, the kind that is about $150-250 might be a better deal right now. Some models can and will read engine, ABS, and SRS codes + engine data. Which model exactly, you need to research on that:)

Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.