BMW Werkz banner

Buying A 320d - The Potential Pitfalls? If Any?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  pinoy 
#1 ·
Hello,

I live in Ireland and want to buy a 320d iin th uk. Can anyone help with some querstion please?

Can anyone tell me what to loook out for when buying a used 320d? The one is desire is from 01 upwards.

what should i expect to pay?

Are they reliable?

Economical?

what is the service interval etc?

Please advise!

Thanks,

Ollie. :wave

#2 ·
1. do not knwo the market in ir: buy a copy of car, they will have a lot of useful info in the ads.
2. yes, just as petrol ones. watch out for service history,control arm bushings, otherwise expect few gremlins.
3. the 320 4 cylinder diesel is widely recognized as top notch, lile;y even better than the recent honda 2.2 liter. a superb engine, economical, powerful, modern, indestructible etc, etc.
4.car will tell you :D :poke : oil every 10k, nothing really needed for 100k. depending in mileage, see whether h20 removal system and fuel (low presssure) filter was checked.

imho, it is one of the best cars on the road today.

#3 ·
Hello All!

I'm new to the forum and to BMWs in general. The new 3 Series was just launched last night in the Philippines (where I live right now) and I may pursue a special order of the E90 320d as BMW Phil seems interested to bring it at a far later date. I have a few questions on the predecessor of this model, the E46 320d.

Have you E46 320d owners have more problems than the 320i? Are BMW diesels more maintenance intensive than the petrol version? Our diesel quality here is equivalent to Euro I and I was wondering if this would pose a problem.

I hope you kind folks can help me. Thanks for the replies! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.