BMW Werkz banner

business cd head unit

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  EnvyM3 
#1 ·
is it possible to replace the business cd player thats in my 2000 now with a 2002 model business cd player? any idea how much it'd cost to swap it? i REALLY want to hardwire my damn ipod.

#2 ·
I believe the latest business HU is the CD43 and it is a straight swap with your existing HU. Your trunk mounted CD changer will plug directly into the unit as well. I am in the market for a CD43 as well and the going price for these units are approx $350-$400 on eBay.

#3 ·
Originally posted by gonzo499@Aug 21 2004, 11:31 PM
is it possible to replace the business cd player thats in my 2000 now with a 2002 model business cd player? any idea how much it'd cost to swap it? i REALLY want to hardwire my damn ipod.
See thread on page 3 titled "replacing radio head unit"
I just did mine and had to buy 2 antenna adapters. You will find detailed info on that thread. I also went form a 2000 323ci unit to a 2002 325ci head unit. It is really easy to swap out on your own and certainly not worth paying for it.
First, pry off the woodgrain/alluminum around the head unit. Start on the left and then the right w/ a flathead screwdriver. Be careful not to force it b/c it will easily snap. Once that piece is off, remove the woodgrain/alluminum that runs across the right side of dashboard the same way. Then you will have easy access to the 2 screws holding in the head unit. Remove those and it pops right out. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.