Brake Pad Sensor - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 11:55 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ctm78 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I just replaced my rear brakes on my '01 330cic (easiest brakes I've ever done!), but of course the orange light is still on.

I've heard a bunch of things on how to get rid of this. Does the computer have to be reset, or does a sensor need to be replaced? If the former, does the stealership have to do it? And if the latter, does anyone know if there are aftermarket sensors available?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 04:31 AM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
Yeha I just changed mine to ceramics but being the dumbass that I am, I forgot ot change the sensors. Yu need to replace the sensors when you change the pads. It's like $5 a piece on www.turnermotorsport.com

I dont know specifically for your car because I own a e34. Another e34 mentioned to me that if I do not care about the brake pads sensors and if I just want to get the warning to go away all I have to do is snip the wires and wire them together.

But then again your car is a 3, mine's a 5, and we are 12 years apart. Maybe this should work for you.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
#3 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 03:34 PM
2nd Gear Member

zibby is an unknown quantity at this point
TO RESET LINING LIGHT ON E46(at least it works on 1999 models) 3 SERIES,LEAVE THE KEY IN THE ON POSITION BUT DO NOT START ENGINE FOR 30 SECONDS,LIGHT WILL GO OUT.
#4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 09:52 PM
2nd Gear Member

alanh is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alanh
unless the sensors are out... i think its left front/right rear for the sensors(someone correct me) and you need to check to see if they are worn down

Self-Proclaimed Genius

#5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Neutral Member

nathan56989 is an unknown quantity at this point
The sesors are there for a reason if it has broken contact then the light will be on. The sesors are on the right front and the left rear. jus replace it they're cheap.
#6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 11:54 PM
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by nathan56989@Aug 10 2005, 07:28 PM
The sesors are there for a reason if it has broken contact then the light will be on. The sesors are on the right front and the left rear. jus replace it they're cheap.
[snapback]368858[/snapback]
Hey yo! are you driving a Bimmer or Hundai? sensors on E46 are on front left and rear right ! another thing- replacing a sensor for new one does not reset warning light ! you have to do it as I said above.
#7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 02:45 AM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Mine on e34 are also front left and rear right.

#8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 04:04 PM
Neutral Member

nathan56989 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry mister genius bmw god I did say that wrong left front and right rear. And i wasn't describing how to turn the light off he asked if he should replace the sensor i siad he should. I did not give any info on how to reset the light which you are right about again. but the point is is that i wasn't telling him to replace it to turn the light off. (dumbass) learn how to read and comprehend
#9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 04:20 PM
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by nathan56989@Aug 11 2005, 04:04 PM
Sorry mister genius bmw god I did say that wrong left front and right rear. And i wasn't describing how to turn the light off he asked if he should replace the sensor i siad he should. I did not give any info on how to reset the light which you are right about again. but the point is is that i wasn't telling him to replace it to turn the light off. (dumbass) learn how to read and comprehend
[snapback]369035[/snapback]
If I were you I would not even admit you are bmw tech. you are simply discrediting yourself (what a moron) giving your stupid ,pathetic advices to guys on this forum.You must work for "Brian"-they have some retarded technician- Ha, Ha Ha.
#10 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Keep it Copacetic

Quote:
Originally posted by zibby+Aug 11 2005, 03:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zibby @ Aug 11 2005, 03:20 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-nathan56989@Aug 11 2005, 04:04 PM
If I were you I would not even admit you are bmw tech. you are simply discrediting yourself (what a moron) giving your stupid ,pathetic advices to guys on this forum.You must work for "Brian"-they have some retarded technician- Ha, Ha Ha.
[snapback]369040[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

Have you read any other advice he has given? He is giving great advice that only someone on the inside of a BMW dealership would know! Shut yo trap homie!

#11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 05:48 PM
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ///M Power+Aug 11 2005, 05:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(///M Power @ Aug 11 2005, 05:01 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by zibby@Aug 11 2005, 03:20 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-nathan56989
Quote:
@Aug 11 2005, 04:04 PM

[snapback]369040[/snapback]

Have you read any other advice he has given? He is giving great advice that only someone on the inside of a BMW dealership would know! Shut yo trap homie!
[snapback]369058[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]
On this forum we have guys like Dirty Tool, PeterKulesza, Storm,2001BMW330iRob or 325iBaby not mention others guys who know how ! so do not be so fucking exited by some bmw tech who pretends to know something- unless you want to join an" ignorant club"
#12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Keep it Copacetic

Sir, are you tellign me the population of this forum. Im wel aware of who is, and isnt capable of giving in depth and decent advice to help people who join this forum. What im saying is that because we have others, it doesnt hurt to have another person. This is a public forum and he has been giving good advice. Im just saying lay off newer members, he slipped once.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)