Bmw Reliability? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2005, 01:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
ProspectiveBMWDude is an unknown quantity at this point
DOH - sorry for the dupe!!

'lo all,

I'm considering purchasing a 2002 330xi in the very near future (i.e. tomorrow). I've test driven it, checked the car out, fell in love with it immediately. What a great machine! However, I have concerns/doubts about the reliability of the car. The single most important thing to me in a vehicle is that it does its job - i.e., gets me from A to B with a minimum of hassle. I HATE taking it to be fixed, which is why I've loved my Toyota Celica so much.. it has not had a problem in 80k miles! I've read mixed reviews about the reliability of the current 3-series, and thought I'd turn to this (admittedly biased!) forum for advice.

Can anyone with a 2002 3-series (with >45k miles on it) comment on their vehicle? What problems, if any, have you run in to? Has it been in the shop for anything other than regular maintenance? How about recalls? Owners of older E46's (99-01's), I'm interested in your feedback as well. Thanks!
ProspectiveBMWDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2005, 10:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
jdmfan13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to jdmfan13 Send a message via MSN to jdmfan13 Send a message via Yahoo to jdmfan13
Quote:
Originally posted by ProspectiveBMWDude@Aug 31 2005, 12:15 AM
DOH - sorry for the dupe!!

'lo all,

I'm considering purchasing a 2002 330xi in the very near future (i.e. tomorrow). I've test driven it, checked the car out, fell in love with it immediately. What a great machine! However, I have concerns/doubts about the reliability of the car. The single most important thing to me in a vehicle is that it does its job - i.e., gets me from A to B with a minimum of hassle. I HATE taking it to be fixed, which is why I've loved my Toyota Celica so much.. it has not had a problem in 80k miles! I've read mixed reviews about the reliability of the current 3-series, and thought I'd turn to this (admittedly biased!) forum for advice.

Can anyone with a 2002 3-series (with >45k miles on it) comment on their vehicle? What problems, if any, have you run in to? Has it been in the shop for anything other than regular maintenance? How about recalls? Owners of older E46's (99-01's), I'm interested in your feedback as well. Thanks!
[snapback]373515[/snapback]

CPO? If not... go for a CPO.
jdmfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 10:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
2001BMW325xi is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey welcome......

I have a 2001 325xi.....right nw am at 56K (bought at 35K a year and a half back). When i test drove it in the dealership (it was a lease return and 15K cheaper than the new one ) I instantly knew it was gonna be my ride for the next few years. So far I havent regretted my decision and dont think I am gonna (fingers crossed). The vehicle has worked like a charm (and better than some of the 05s that i have driven- read Susan Kommen breast cancer drives). The only expenses I have borne in the last 18 months is oil change every 5-6K miles (yes I am an obsessive compulsive who does not beleive that bimmers need oil after 15 K miles), and changing a faulty emissions sensor (massair flow) about two months back that cost me like 700$ (yeah its expensive if they need to be repaired)....but was all paid off by my extended warranty that cost me an additional 1800$ for 4 years 100K (150$ deductible). So all in all its not been that bad. Ofcourse I will need to change my brakes in about 10K miles and air filter as well as A/C flters but those are minor wear and tear items that you need to do regularly.
My experience....... B) and my expenses....minimum. 325xi rocks.

2 things:

1) SHOW IT TO A CERTIFIED MECHANIC OTHER THAN THE DEALER YOU ARE BUYING FROM.

2) BUY ExTENDED WARRANTY.

Yu are then good to go.
2001BMW325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)