BMW Performance Exhaust - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 03:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Skywagon is on a distinguished road
BMW Performance Exhaust

For what it's worth, I just went to my BMW dealer and ordered their performance exhaust. I've spent hours on the net looking for a less expensive system, BMW's is $1449 plus another $100 in small parts and the install, but my plane vanilla 2009 328i E90 four door was not an easy fit. Everyone, it seemed, has something for 08's and 09 330i's but not the little 328. I did speak to a Gary at Magnaflow yesterday, he's in R&D. Claimed they have a new system going into production today, Feb. 25. Unfortunately he had no idea of the cost and besides, I'm too impatient. I'm hoping to have it hung Mon. Will advise if anyone is interested. One thing one must remember, at least it's under the BMW warranty.
Skywagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2009, 06:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
I think that is the same exhaust that I have on my ZHP. I like it
Old 02-25-2009, 07:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
The good news is that a gent on another forum found these two sites as well.

http://store.bimmerperformancestore....r-BMW-E90.aspx

JleviSW.com

The BMW system is a "cat back" with a new resonator and plumbing. I trust they make a quality system which is not too loud, a concern I have with others after listening to numerous videos on U Tube.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Just drove the car home from the dealer. Fortunately the "BMW performance System"sounds about perfect, exactly what I was looking for. When I ordered the part I was handed a schematic of the system showing it had a resonator and muffler. When the actual part showed up it was without a resonator, some unusual "crimping", for lack of a better word, was in it's place along the forward plumbing. When I first started the car yesterday, inside the shop, had some other work going on, it caused me considerable concern...it was way too loud. However, outside and on the road, I consider it perfect. I guess what happened was I got a newer system, "And its new, deep, racing growl will be music to your high-performance-attuned ears." is a quote off of a BMW website. The tips are a little longer, bigger and nothing more than a single layer of chromed tubing. OK, that's enough but for $1449. plus install I think one should get all the info one can get if they are considering a BMW system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)