Bmw E46 Satnav 2003 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2004, 07:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
k4m100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi i am new to this forum.
Wondering if anyone can help me.

I am about to pick up a 325SE Convertible, and it has the new Sat Nav system installed. I was told that i could remove a sensor in the car, so that the telly will work whenever i want it to, is this possible and how is it done?

Heard you can do this to the Merc systems and i have seen an X5 with it done.

Does the Bluetooth system work well, does it matter what phone you use? don't want to pay Bmws prices for the phone/clip in adaptor, so am searching on ebay and there are quite a few out there..

Thanks for any tips/advice in advance.
k4m100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2004, 01:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
320CDI is an unknown quantity at this point
I have asked the same question on the Sat Nav and the reply's I had were that it was a no go on the cheap - there was quite an expensive option for this but it seemed unreasonalbe - I don't plan to watch the TV while I am driving but it would keep my wife from looking at the road and distracting me with phrases like "watch out", "slow down" etc!!!

Sorry dont have the blue tooth
320CDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 03:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Trigati is an unknown quantity at this point
The Bluetooth is great, depending on the phone you have!!!

Most bluetooth phones are compatible as handsfree and work fine for incoming calls. Outgoing calls is not so good as you have to either dial the number on screen using the rotary control ordial from the handset.
If you dial from the handset the car will not pick up conect the call (mute stereo etc) until it's answered in most cases. In some cases it never noticed I had a live call until 30 seconds in.....

A fully compatible phone is the way to go. Not only can you get the charging cradle but in most cases the phone will sync it's entire address book to the onboard computer allowing you not only to dial by selecting a name but when an incoming call is from a number you have in your address book it will show qas their name!!!

Phones marked as partially compatible, where you have to manually transfer address book are useless. In many cases (not all) everytime the ignition is off longer than 20 mins it looses them from memory.

Here's a good site for compatibility.....
http://www.x5world.net/bluetooth_compatible_phones.htm

With regard to the TV I've considered it also. The unit I've seen is called TV-Free and was about 99 Euros to buy. The only good reason I found for TV whilst driving is that with some of these modules you can also have additional inputs like a DVD player or Playstaion2. The reason for this is the signal quality whilst driving is terrible over here. Could be better where you are....
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)