3-Series (E46, E90)Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.
1) unscrew the two verticle T20 torx screws that holds the cluster.
2) pull out the cluster, disconnect the two wire harnesses. (there is a flip mechenism that unlocks the wires, you must push a small tab for the flip mechenism to flip up and unlock)
3) pull the two rubber knobs/buttons out.
4) behind teh cluster you will find 7 T10 torx screws. unscrew them
5) the back plastic casing should come right out
6) carefully take out the gauge unit. Its a big computer board on one side, and the gauges on the other side. Gently take it out and put it aside
7) now you have the cluster plastic covering with the glass. Just apply the rings on. (you may need adhesive)
8) install everything back in reverse order. Make sure the needles are where they were from the start
9) when you plug the wires back, one of them will cause the gauges to make a buzzing noise..dont worry.
"If you hold back anything...I'll kill you.
If you bend the truth or I think you're bending the truth...I'll kill you.
If you forget anything...I'll kill you.
...In fact, you're gonna have to work very hard to stay alive."
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.