BMW dealership satisfaction rating in MA - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 04:27 PM
moo
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
moo is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Smile

Hi, I have a general concern and would like to poll members in MA on
where they go to get their BMW's serviced. I would like to know reliable
service stations or dealerships.

In addition, has anyone else experienced problems with their VANOS system after having an oil change or work done in the engine area (e.g. alternator belt tensioner)?

My story:
I went to BMW Gallery in Norwood to have my 2002 325xi's first oil change. I also thought there was loose belt due to rattling in the front of the car upon cold starts. (Rattle went away when the engine warmed up). They ended up replacing the alternator belt tensioner. After picking up the car and being one mile from my home, the "Service Engine Soon" light indicator came on. I was told to bring it back the next day and I did and also informed them of the increased engine noise. I was told that the VANOS system was checked and that the engine sound was normal. Again, after driving the car back home and one mile from my home, the indicator light came back on. I was told to bring the car back a week later so they would better diagnose the problem. However, since then, the light has been turning on intermittently. I brought it back and they said it was a VANOS problem and it needs to be replaced, but they didn't have the part! That means another trip to the dealership. ugh!

I am inclined to believe it is not a manufacturer defect, but a labor defect from the dealership. So, if you know of good places to service your BMW, please post it here. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 03:13 PM
n00b

Chuck IT 2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Chuck IT 2002
Hey, I recently purchased a preowned from Wellesley VW. I was looking through the book and read that the person before me got the car from HERB CHAMBERS in boston.

I called them up, and they explained to me that all maintenance is covered within 3yr 36000mi

SO i scheduled an oil change and explained to them that my blinkers werent working, so they replaced that too.

All of this cost me nothing, and they did it in a timely fashion, treated me like their own, and the waiting room had internet access!!

I DEFINATELY RECOMMEND HERB CHAMBERS!

http://www.herbchambers.com/location...-bmw/index.jsp

2002 325i Oriental Blue Pearl
#3 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 03:45 PM
moo
n00b

moo is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the post!

I ended up going to BMW Herb Chambers and they replaced
solenoid adaptation valve. Still, the light went on after 10 miles of driving. ugh.
Now I have to reschedule...5th time to a dealership to get the issue fixed.

My car is still under warranty and although I don't have to worry about cost yet,
but it will be a worry once the car is out of warranty. Still, them not fixing the
problem first time doesn't give me much confidence.

It's just all very frustrating, but I guess it could be worse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)