BMW Business CD MP3 Playback help - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 02:40 PM
2nd Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
isherdholi will become famous soon enough
(Thread Starter)
Question BMW Business CD MP3 Playback help

Hi,

I have a 2001 E46 sedan, with a stock BMW Business CD player. Currently, I cannot play MP3 CD's in it. However, in the later E46's (like 2004 onwards or something), the BMW Business CD player does play MP3 CD's.

I was wondering if anybody might now if there is some sort of firmware upgrade available, which would enable my Business CD player to play MP3 CD's?

EDIT: I do not wish to change to an aftermarket stereo. They are all smaller, which would require me to fit a face-plate. Also, it would not match the climate control module in the dashboard. I also find them all to have very small buttons, (this is partly because they are smaller) which is a problem for me because I have fat fingers.

Last edited by isherdholi; 12-13-2007 at 02:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 02:48 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
I see three alternatives:

1. Type more. This will reduce the size of your fingers.

2. Get a used unit from a later car.

3. Do an ipod integration kit.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#3 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 04:11 PM
2nd Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
I'm a software developer. Typing is what I do a lot of! lol

I've got a Parrot 3200 LS bluetooth car-kit installed. Does this stop me from doing an ipod integration? What I mean is, My parrot is connected to my stereo (for audio mute I think) - is it using one of the connectors which would otherwise be required for the ipod integration?

Yeah, I think a used unit from a later car might be a good option - I'd rather not do an ipod integration and buy an ipod - I was hoping for a relatively inexpensive way of being able to play mp3's in the car.

#4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 07:37 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
We can buy you an ipod for a lot cheaper here in the States and send it to you if you would like. I do it for buds in London all the time.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 12:02 PM
2nd Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
that would be very very helpful. I might be more interested in the iphone though. I think i need to see how things go for a while and let you know. Thanks for the offer though

#6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 07:57 PM
WOT in Reverse

jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
yeah, that's what i did....i had a tape/changer when i bought the car and wanted an indash unit. sooo, i bought a 2004 oem indash CD player and it works great.

FYI: if you do the same, be sure to scoop up the alpine unit. BMW uses two suppliers for their oem headunits...i'd highly recomend the Alpine unit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)