BMW Bashing! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 06:10 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
monerai is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
BMW Bashing!

I hope it's OK to just post a link to my web site for this thread - as I'm too lazy to rewrite all or copy and paste it here.

Not gonna own another of these and I hope someone with BMW sees why. I can't believe we put up with this crap.

Go here for the story -> My Last BMW

web page: Planes & Things
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Sodium Chloride

saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
i can see where you're coming from with having to pay for all that stuff, but sorry that ruined the car for you... maybe you shouldn't have bought a 3 series if luxury is what you're after?
#3 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 11:01 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
I am utterly unimpressed with the reasoning.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#4 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 11:49 PM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
Ummmmm..... you seen like a kia will suit your "needs" this are EXTRA features meaning that you dont HAVE to use them......

And the headlight thing of it being on after getting outta your car, It is so that you can walk up to your door with a lit path this may not do you anygood but it may help somone else....

Like the Prof said that is not enough reasoning to hate these cars....

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
#5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 01:07 AM

Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
all these gosh derned modern annoyances, whats this world coming to?
before you know it they'll be letting women run for President... wait...

DT

#6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 03:19 AM

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
^ OMFG LOL I Fell of my chair you my dear sir have made my night........

I am Captain Obvious
#7 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 06:43 AM
1st Gear Member

crawlermonkey is on a distinguished road
My stance on this is..

I am tatolly with Alpine on this one. If you don't want somebody to hold your hand and do the dirty work for you then you really should buy a damn kia. I am sorry you chose the wrong car for your personality. May you get the choice right the second time around. Oh, and you might want to try this, Try actually thinking about what you are buying before you buy it.

Ich fürchte mich nicht
#8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 08:05 AM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
In reading some of your other "Serious thoughts for the week", I am hoping this is all a joke.

da_male_cow...

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 08:48 AM
4th Gear Member

bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to bimmerguy82
Exactly. Quit your bitching. if you don't like the "extra options" don't pay for them. go buy a hyundai/kia or something and leave the ultimate driving machine to the experts.

BMWcrazy

|AA stage 1 software| UUC light flywheel and clutch| UUC EVO 3 ssk | K&N Intake | Ebay Headers |

BMWCCA member#407674

Founding member of the hit 145 mph in my almost stock 325i BMW club.
#10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 09:30 AM
Mr. Bacon

dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
So you buy the car and then you start bitching about its features? Did you not test drive it or at least inform yourself of what you are buying? Surely excuse BMW for putting features that average drivers want, maybe you should get a scooter or a moped you wont have any security alarm/features or beeping noises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by german-speed-demon View Post
You may now add "yes, i'm an asshole" to your sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
#11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 09:46 AM
n00b

monerai is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
What a shame. With only a couple of exceptions, most of you appear to have missed the basics in Reading Comprehension 101.

Nobody said that the BMW is not a great car – I drove (and loved) my last one for 11 years. I guess I need to spell it out for you; so –

BMW has taken said great car to Best Buy and Radio Shack and loaded it up with electronic gimmicks that add nothing to the car. Going a step farther (and my main beef) is that they won’t even let you use a lot of the features unless you pay the dealer to throw the “ON” switch.

This is the type thinking that many other manufacturers normally use to cover up their trash vehicles and escalate prices, i.e. Lincoln Continental, Chrysler 300, etc., etc.

You are the guys who don’t appreciate great cars – you’d probably be happy with a ’85 Yugo and an X-Box or Playstation 3.

web page: Planes & Things
#12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 10:14 AM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
1. If you don't like fancy features, then don't buy a fancy car.

2. A bimmer is nothing in any way like a Yugo, unless you count that it has four wheels. The idea that an E46 is like a cheap eastern european car loaded with bells and whistles to cover it up is simply silly.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#13 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monerai
What a shame. With only a couple of exceptions, most of you appear to have missed the basics in Reading Comprehension 101.

Nobody said that the BMW is not a great car – I drove (and loved) my last one for 11 years. I guess I need to spell it out for you; so –

BMW has taken said great car to Best Buy and Radio Shack and loaded it up with electronic gimmicks that add nothing to the car. Going a step farther (and my main beef) is that they won’t even let you use a lot of the features unless you pay the dealer to throw the “ON” switch.

This is the type thinking that many other manufacturers normally use to cover up their trash vehicles and escalate prices, i.e. Lincoln Continental, Chrysler 300, etc., etc.

You are the guys who don’t appreciate great cars – you’d probably be happy with a ’85 Yugo and an X-Box or Playstation 3.
ummmm wow ..... Are you kidding? I use quite a few of those"electronic gimmicks that add nothing to the car" all the time .... and those features are the REASON I even GOT a 1999 740il . I love all the little extra that are put in to help make the drivers and passangers ride just that much better ..... I know atleast on my 99 740il I dont have to "Dealer Code" anything I've done to the car Including Angel threw the LCM and Euro fog Switch .... YOUR the one complaning about the all the options on this car ...... Next time RESEARCH WHAT THE CAR YOUR GETTING HAS OPTION WISE! and Stop crying about all the extra options you got .... BMW's are "NOTHING LIKE DODGE/CHRYS." I've had 3 of them and 1 was at 230k(325es) and the other is up to 244k(635CSi) and I'm still using it ..... My 740 is at 147k and i've had it since 126k all I've HAD to do it change the Oil, Waterpump, belts and i'm did the brakes yesterday ...... I have decided to Rebuild the front suspention Because 1 side of the centerlink went bad so my OCD kicked in .... Which if you do ALL the preventative matinance That BMW States You'll be fine fo 200k-300k Miles. Also you'll never have to recode the computer if you drive the car and dont do MAJOR Changes. Even then most do not need a recode......

BTW: and

I am Captain Obvious
#14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 03:21 PM
Sodium Chloride

saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
not to hate on you, but the smiley's are a little much alpine...

but yea, im sure there is a way to get around going to the dealership and paying for these options anyways... i just think you aren't used to the modern dealership which is out to find as much money as they can. With new cars alot of times it is better to do the work yourself. you said you had your last bmw for 11 years and so im sure it didn't have a warranty on it, or in that matter an excuse to use the dealership.
#15 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltshaker185
not to hate on you, but the smiley's are a little much alpine...

but yea, im sure there is a way to get around going to the dealership and paying for these options anyways... i just think you aren't used to the modern dealership which is out to find as much money as they can. With new cars alot of times it is better to do the work yourself. you said you had your last bmw for 11 years and so im sure it didn't have a warranty on it, or in that matter an excuse to use the dealership.
I like to use them more.....

key thing is we dont call the dealer the stealer for a reason....... go elsewhere for parts....

I am Captain Obvious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)