Bmw Alarm - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2005, 10:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
amutti is an unknown quantity at this point
I've searched this forum and the web and cannot get definative answer . . . does a 2005 330cic come with an alarm? If not, why isn't it listed as an dealer installable option on the BMW website? About how much does it cost? Is it any good.

I'm just curious because I'm ordering my car in June.

Tony
amutti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2005, 11:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
sasha_k is an unknown quantity at this point
I just picked up my first BMW, a 03 325CI, and the dealer explained the whole thing to me that an alarm does not come standard. The light is basically an empty threat. However, while I believe he said BMW doesn't offer an alarm, my memory could be failing. It could be a dealer installed option that's not shown on the web. Give a call. Good luck.

sasha
sasha_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
e46 body style 3 series did not come with alarm from the factory. However the module is already in the car and all that must be installed is the siren, interior sensor, and tilt sensor. This is a pretty easy DIY job if youre a do it yourselfer however after installing the components the dealership must encode the car to activate the alarm. I think to have the alarm done complete it will run you between $400-500. The alarm kit itself can be bought online for under $150 and the encodeding charge varies by dealer, average is about $100. If you search google there are several write ups on performing ths job.
Good luck,
DT

<edit> just saw that you havent ordered the car yet. I would try to get ahold of BMW customer relations to see if it can be added as an option or installed at the port.

Dirty_Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
jiggs is an unknown quantity at this point
They don't come standard but the good part with BMW is that the engine will not start without the actual key. There is a chip that recognizes the key and egnites the engine. While I'm sure professional thiefs have ways around this, your common joy-ride car thief will not be able to snatch it. Might hurt your baby breaking into in but probably wont be able to take off in it.

Either way I recomment flame throwers underneath your car
jiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Davecpa is an unknown quantity at this point
I just took delivery of a 2005 330 CI Convertible and it comes with a complete alarm system. Even has a motion detector inside if you lock the car with the top down.

Belive me, you won't be dissapointed with this car! I only have 500 mikes on it so far, but it just feels great in every way. By the way I installed XM radio on my own in about 1/2 hour. Also got the newest part which is an antena painted to match the exact factory color of the car
Davecpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
Howie is an unknown quantity at this point
UK BMWs have had factory alarms for about 10 years now.. :P
Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 04:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Thanks everyone. The dealer I'm ordering from said pretty much the same thing, 60% is pre-installed, the rest is a dealer thing. I think they said they would install it for $300 additional.

Tony

P.S. I'm ordering in June and I can hardly wait!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2005, 11:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
BMWLotAttendant is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BMWLotAttendant Send a message via MSN to BMWLotAttendant
You have to have the dealer activate the alarm if it doesn't have it installed already.
BMWLotAttendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 07:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
zzzzzer is an unknown quantity at this point
Personally I went with a 2-Way Alarm. It pages you up to a mile away when the alarm goes off and the LCD screen even shows you what tripped the alarm (door, trunk, something struck the car, etc.). The door doesn't even have to open -- if its simply unlocked while armed the alarm goes off and pages you. Cost about $450.00 -- with remote start its around $500.00 (installed). I'm happy w/ it.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by Davecpa@Apr 4 2005, 11:39 PM
I just took delivery of a 2005 330 CI Convertible and it comes with a complete alarm system.* Even has a motion detector inside if you lock the car with the top down.

Belive me, you won't be dissapointed with this car!* I only have 500 mikes on it so far, but it just feels great in every way.* By the way I installed XM radio on my own in about 1/2 hour.* Also got the newest part which is an antena painted to match the exact factory color of the car
[snapback]325773[/snapback]
Really? A motion detector on the convertible? I just took deliver of an 2005 330CIc with the performance package and was told the motion detector wasn't an option with the convertible! I wanted the motion detector, that's why I ordered with the alarm!! The manual says it is an option, but the accessory catalog says it is not availible for the convertible.

If you have the top down, arm the alarm, and then wave your hand inside the cabin, the alarm goes off?

Let me know if this is true so I can start arguing with the dealer. Thanks.

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)