BMW 335 HP gain from turbo module - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 02:14 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bigbadblue98 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
BMW 335 HP gain from turbo module

Has anyone heard anything about the trubo tuner for the new 3 series? Turner Motorsport - Item# TURBO-TUNER-335i-135i - Turbo Tuner - Boost Enhancement Module for 135i, 335i, 335xi, 535i & 535xi - E60 E82 E88 E90 E92 E93

Any thoughts? It seems like a good deal for 40HP..

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 06:00 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Without an additional oil cooler, doing any software mods on the 3 liter turbo is unwise.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#3 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 01:15 PM
n00b

Steve@ASPTuning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Prof View Post
Without an additional oil cooler, doing any software mods on the 3 liter turbo is unwise.
Yeah he's right, you have to do some additional mods before you do that or you'll run into big problems if you do.

Possible larger or more efficient intercooler!

We carry this line:

Active Autowerke - BMW Performance, M3 Performance Tuner, BMW Supercharger, BMW Turbo, BMW M3 Turbo, BMW M3 Supercharger

Plus this is better:

Active Autowerke - BMW Performance, M3 Performance Tuner, BMW Supercharger, BMW Turbo, BMW M3 Turbo, BMW M3 Supercharger

55RWHP, versus the 40...

Steve
ASPTuning

Home: http://ASPTuning.com | Email: sales@ASPTuning.com | Your BMW Tuning Company

Call-Us! Toll-Free: 1-(866)-703-8965| Fax: (866)703-8965
Committed To Price, Performance, and Quality!
#4 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 03:25 AM

Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
BMW is cracking down on aftermarket tuning software and "black boxes." Be careful doing anything if you want to maintain your factory warranty.

DT

#5 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 03:29 AM
n00b

Steve@ASPTuning is on a distinguished road
That is totally true also. They (BMW) do not endose any aftermarket modifications to your vehicle unless its DINAN.

But even still DINAN can't beat some of the stuff that's out there!

I'd wait till your warranty is up to do anything unless you have connections to a mechanic that works on BMW's and is willing to do anything for you then be my guest! Otherwise wait till that lease or warranty is up.

Steve

Home: http://ASPTuning.com | Email: sales@ASPTuning.com | Your BMW Tuning Company

Call-Us! Toll-Free: 1-(866)-703-8965| Fax: (866)703-8965
Committed To Price, Performance, and Quality!
#6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 10:37 AM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@ASPTuning View Post
That is totally true also. They (BMW) do not endose any aftermarket modifications to your vehicle unless its DINAN.

But even still DINAN can't beat some of the stuff that's out there!

I'd wait till your warranty is up to do anything unless you have connections to a mechanic that works on BMW's and is willing to do anything for you then be my guest! Otherwise wait till that lease or warranty is up.

Steve
Yeah, but funny how so many vishnu and procede guys are blowing up their still-very-new 3 liter turbo engines and discover that they're SOL on the warranty coverage. I wouldn't touch non-Dinan upgrades for a 335/135 with a ten foot pole. Maybe when they're 100000 miles old and I had installed bigger intercoolers and oil coolers.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 11:43 PM
n00b

juiced3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbadblue98 View Post
Has anyone heard anything about the trubo tuner for the new 3 series? Turner Motorsport - Item# TURBO-TUNER-335i-135i - Turbo Tuner - Boost Enhancement Module for 135i, 335i, 335xi, 535i & 535xi - E60 E82 E88 E90 E92 E93

Any thoughts? It seems like a good deal for 40HP..

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
Simple tunes like that are fine, anyone on this board who says otherwise is talking jibberish. With Riss DP's, CAI, JB3 tune and Forge DV's you can put down over 400 at the wheels on race gas all day, everyday. Add meth injection and it opens up some insanity. My first tune was the JB+ which is better than the TT as you can dial in the boost you want up to 4.75 over stock. I believe the JB+ is the perfect ticket for the person who wants just a little bit more across the board. I ran it for 22k miles and am now on the JB3 map 2, DP's and CAI doing 374-380hp at the wheels on stock coolers and DV's.

Whatever tune you get go ahead and buy a Bavtech scanner so you can clear the manipulation code before service when you pull your chip. Most times the code won't even show but its best to be safe than sorry.

Whats funny is there are no motors being blown on Vishnu or Juicebox tunes as Teh Prof says. If he knew anything about these tunes he would know that vishnu AND procede are one and the same. Do people actually think this motor would self destruct before going into limp mode? Steve at ASPTuning is also incorrect about additional mods being needed for this simple tune.

Funny how so many people know so little about the n54 power plant.
#8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 12:01 AM
Mr. Clean

BimmerE39 will become famous soon enough
Garage
Most of the 335i's and 135i's that have suffered a motor failure (mostly turbo failures) have had the Vishnu software installed. What people don't know is that Shiv (the owner of Vishnu) is known amongst the Evo community, particularly on the west coast, of blowing many motors with his shitty tunes. Regardless of whether the motor goes into limp mode or not, you're still f*cked.

I wouldn't touch any car that has had Vishnu software installed, BMW or not.

Dinan is expensive, but they back your car with their warranty. The reason their stuff is expensive is because of the development costs to maximize performance while maintaining longevity/reliability + the name. Active Autowerke is also reputable in the BMW community and so is Turner Motorsport.

People have seen relatively big power gains with the AFE intake system with the dynamic air scoops on the N54.

Last edited by BimmerE39; 07-23-2009 at 12:05 AM.
#9 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 12:08 AM
Mr. Clean

Garage
Although, the N54 has had issues in it's stock form with overheating as well as general turbo failure. Tuned or not, the N54 has been fickle to say the least.
#10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 12:52 AM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Why would anyone stray from the Dinan tuning while knowing that it's warrantee backed? Should I even need to post this question? Edit: Oh, and juiced3, do you cool down your car(s) after any and all hard running?

BMW

Sig by zeaq

Last edited by witeshark; 07-23-2009 at 12:55 AM.
#11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 12:59 AM
Mr. Clean

Garage
No witeshark, the question shouldn't need to be asked. Dinan is obviously the safe choice but for some reason people do not want to spend the extra $$$ in comparison to other products for the N54.
#12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 10:39 PM
n00b

DamienB13 is on a distinguished road
Dinan is $$$ for what you get. I have a friend that spent a few $1000.00 on Dinan for like 30 - 40 HP. I went with the Active Autowerke Exhaust, BOV, Intercooler , and Processor . So far so good I did a dyno run a few weeks ago in hot 95 degree South Florida Weather . I ended up at 327 to the wheels. I asked the guy at Active who does all the tuning and he said they tried making the processor more aggressive but the gains weren't worth the beating it put on the car. Active is a pretty reputable company ...Great knowledge and customer service !
#13 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 10:45 PM
Mr. Clean

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienB13 View Post
Dinan is $$$ for what you get. I have a friend that spent a few $1000.00 on Dinan for like 30 - 40 HP. I went with the Active Autowerke Exhaust, BOV, Intercooler , and Processor . So far so good I did a dyno run a few weeks ago in hot 95 degree South Florida Weather . I ended up at 327 to the wheels. I asked the guy at Active who does all the tuning and he said they tried making the processor more aggressive but the gains weren't worth the beating it put on the car. Active is a pretty reputable company ...Great knowledge and customer service !
Dinan does cost big $$$, but it's the only safe option if you want to tune your car and not have to worry about losing your warranty. Even though modifying your car does not technically void your warranty, you can guarantee if your motor went boom, the dealership wouldn't even waste their time with you. At the very least Dinan will honor their warranty. Essentially the extra money paid is going to their warranty program.

I do agree that Active Autowerke is extremely reputable, they are just as good as Dinan without a doubt. I really liked the stuff they had out for the E46 M3 and I can't wait to see some official stuff for the new E92 M3 as I'll be picking one up in a few years. The only downside with Active is if something bad does happen you're not guaranteed anything.
#14 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 10:51 PM
n00b

DamienB13 is on a distinguished road
Extended Warranties from other companies are such a blessing ! I do agree the warranty is something you want to hang on to ! I would do some research on Dinan because I've been hearing stories that the dealerships are still giving people hard times with Dinan . I can't remember where I heard or read it ????
#15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 11:19 PM
Mr. Clean

Garage
Technically when Dinan tunes your car you lose the factory warranty but Dinan covers your car with their warranty. If something bad happens, a Dinan authorized dealership has to take care of it. Technically, it shouldn't be a problem if you go to that same dealership. Who knows with this stuff anyways?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)