BMW Werkz banner

Bluetooth Phones

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  rgzimmer 
#1 ·
I just got a 2004 325i and did not get the phone package because my old cell phone won't gybe with it. However, in October we will be reupping our plan and getting new phones. Should I get a bluetooth cell phone? What harware upgrades does my 325 need? How much is it?
How does a bluetooth cell phone work with BMW's phone system???

Thanks!

#3 ·
Originally posted by dmccall@Aug 11 2004, 11:11 AM
I just got a 2004 325i and did not get the phone package because my old cell phone won't gybe with it. However, in October we will be reupping our plan and getting new phones. Should I get a bluetooth cell phone? What harware upgrades does my 325 need? How much is it?
How does a bluetooth cell phone work with BMW's phone system???

Thanks!
You don't state what options you have. BT will not coexist with BMW Assist. Otherwise, if your car is relatively new, you should be fine. If you have Assist, good luck getting someone to help you. BMWNA has been giving me the runaround. I have a copy of the service buleting showing the steps to disable BMW Assists and enable BT, but the person at BMWNA who has been responding to me doesn't think it's possible to do and keeps referring me to a dealer.

#5 ·
Originally posted by 97alpineM3@Aug 11 2004, 07:37 PM
Zimmer did you just change your first sentence????.. .cause I could have swore it said he didnt state what kind of car he had.....

I think I'm seeing things... just ignore this post if I'm wrong... :guns me
LOL, thought I caught it in time. I meant to say he didn't say what options he had on the car, but it didn't come across that way so I edited it. I tend to think more clearly than I write.

You must be pretty quick since I changed it almost immediately. :cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.