| Originally posted by karupspc@Mar 8 2005, 10:10 AM |
my local dealership is charging $439 for the bluetooh module plus $140 for the kit
my question... is this worth it? anyone current owners with bluetooth in their bmw please share your experience with it..
I paid $575 total, including shipping, for the module and kit from a third party company so $579 from the dealership seems reasonable. Some of the nice features of BMW's Bluetooth are:
1. You can pair up to 4 phones and set the priorities on which phone takes precedence when more than one paired phone is present
2. Depending on the model of your phone, your contact list from the phone is automatically transferred to the car each time you start the car
3. Phone number and/or name shows up on the display when making/receiving calls
4. Steering wheel control to make/end calls and browse phonebook
5. Totally handsfree with very good sound quality
From what I have read on the different message boards, most people who have it are very happy with it. One thing I would recommend is to get the newest microphone (part number 84 31 6 938 762). The sound quality is much better since background noise is greatly reduced.