Bluetooth - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-26-2004, 04:32 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Smorgan is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a 2005 325XI. It came with the BMW assist and also the premium package. This is my first BMW, I am so excited! It came prewired for the Phone, garage door opener and CD changer.

In the package that they give you explaining everything about the car, there was a card that contained Bluetooth passkey PK*. I have been reading about in the forum. It was very confusing. On some sites it states that the 2005 models contain bluetooth. On some sites it states that the earlier made models of the 325 (E46) do not have it. So I contacted BMW NA and they told me I do have it. It was so confusing, I called the dealership where I purchased the car and the service department said that I do not have it and there is no way for me to get. That confuses me, because some people were having it put in later. I do not want to upgrade my phone for bluetooth if I do not this option.

Here is my quesiton:

How can I find out if I have Bluetooth by looking in the car?

I did read on some sites that you can see a button somwhere around the center armrest. Then some sites said they no longer have the button. Another confusing piece if the puzzle.

thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-26-2004, 07:28 PM
n00b

bigsup is an unknown quantity at this point
You are not the only one that is confused. As most of the dealers and serive people who answered the phone in BMW NA. do sit on their brains most of the time. If you have the bluetooth card that means there is a pretty good chance that you have the bluetooth module. The secret is you have to find your swith to activate it. first, look in the owners manual under the bluetooth section. IF it is not there then look at the armrest. If you have a bluetooth phone try activating the phone and search for a device after you have turned you car on. Since you do not have the I Drive system, it is a little more cumbersome. IF nothing wlse work ask your salesman to contact BMW NA (in New Jersy) on your behalf and ask them to guide you thru it. You are right there should be no reason that it does not work after you have sepen $45K of you hard earn money!!! Good luck
Peter
Quote:
Originally posted by Smorgan@Nov 26 2004, 03:32 PM
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a 2005 325XI. It came with the BMW assist and also the premium package. This is my first BMW, I am so excited! It came prewired for the Phone, garage door opener and CD changer.

In the package that they give you explaining everything about the car, there was a card that contained Bluetooth passkey PK*. I have been reading about in the forum. It was very confusing. On some sites it states that the 2005 models contain bluetooth. On some sites it states that the earlier made models of the 325 (E46) do not have it. So I contacted BMW NA and they told me I do have it. It was so confusing, I called the dealership where I purchased the car and the service department said that I do not have it and there is no way for me to get. That confuses me, because some people were having it put in later. I do not want to upgrade my phone for bluetooth if I do not this option.

Here is my quesiton:

How can I find out if I have Bluetooth by looking in the car?

I did read on some sites that you can see a button somwhere around the center armrest. Then some sites said they no longer have the button. Another confusing piece if the puzzle.

thanks!!!
[snapback]237957[/snapback]
#3 (permalink) Old 11-26-2004, 07:33 PM
n00b

bigsup is an unknown quantity at this point
Check your manual and if it is not there borrow a bluetooth phone from a friend and activiate the phone to search for the device (your car) if it is active it will ask for your PK* code. If that still does not work ask your sales person to contact BMW NA on your behalf and ask him/her to talk to the telemetrics engineer and they should guide you thru it. I just did it n my E60 530 I after they upgraded the software and it work like a charm. I assume you do not have I Drive on your car, correct? Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)