BMW Werkz banner

Automatic Engine Stalling, Unstable Idle

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  PMB 
#1 ·
Ok, Its a 2001 325i 57,000 Miles I just had the Big Check up Done 2,000 miles ago. Im getting into my car from tweeter, turn they key and the lights come on engine remains still. Do it again same thing. Third time i turn key and mash gas, it turns over but not willingly. I back out put it in drive come to stop to make right, engine dies. I come to stop at a traffic light engine stops. I then wanted to see something so i hit the kickdown switch...and the rpms bairly moved. WTF IS WRONG

#2 ·
I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. It turns out to be CAM sensor controller.. just got it replaced for $350 including labor

Originally posted by HamannM3@Oct 16 2004, 03:34 PM
Ok, Its a 2001 325i 57,000 Miles I just had the Big Check up Done 2,000 miles ago. Im getting into my car from tweeter, turn they key and the lights come on engine remains still. Do it again same thing. Third time i turn key and mash gas, it turns over but not willingly. I back out put it in drive come to stop to make right, engine dies. I come to stop at a traffic light engine stops. I then wanted to see something so i hit the kickdown switch...and the rpms bairly moved. WTF IS WRONG
[snapback]212425[/snapback]​

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.