BMW Werkz banner

Anybody's BMW is having trembles during morning?

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  AlpineSixAndSeven 
#1 ·
Hi everybody. I own a 320Ci, automatic, and every morning when I am turning the car on in order to go to work I notice that is being trembled. If I leave it working for 3 minutes and then restart it it's fine. This is usually happening when the weather's temperature is below 10 Dc during night hours.

Did anybody of you had similar problems? Can you please advise?

#2 ·
I have that all the time and I see it often in the dealership. What it is, it takes time for the Platinum plugs to warm up and until then you may get a stumble sometimes even stalling...if this bothers you enough you can have the plugs changed to copper plugs for the winter just try to change them back to the platinums for the summer. What I do, I put a small space heater in my garage just to keep my car warmer.

#4 ·
325isBaby said:
I have that all the time and I see it often in the dealership. What it is, it takes time for the Platinum plugs to warm up and until then you may get a stumble sometimes even stalling...if this bothers you enough you can have the plugs changed to copper plugs for the winter just try to change them back to the platinums for the summer. What I do, I put a small space heater in my garage just to keep my car warmer.

WHAAA 325is baby is back?!?! welcome back girl! where have you been???

#8 ·
I had the same problem. The dealer read a fault from the fuel pump. After sitting for a while; (overnight), the pump did not have enought pressure, which caused the shaking. The shaking stops once the pump becomes fully pressurized. The dealer replaced mine under warranty at 30,000 miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.