Anybody with the subframe cracks resolve the prob. with BMW? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-18-2007, 09:21 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wfuerte328i is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wfuerte328i
(Thread Starter)
Anybody with the subframe cracks resolve the prob. with BMW?

Have any of you out there with an e46 had the problem with the subframe cracking? My car has a huge rip in the sheet metal on the floorboard, so i contacted BMW to see what can be done. I received a call a few days ago from a guy with BMW who said he would contact me and let me know when i can take it to a dealer. Has anybody in the forum resolved this problem with BMW yet? I just want to know what to expect and what could be done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Neutral Member

BMerViXeN is on a distinguished road
Hope this info helps. I personally haven't had that happen to my car. But when I had issues with my rear suspension I wanted to cover all the angles.

BMW 3 Series Defect - Subframe Crack - Law Firm Wasserman, Comden & Casselman, LLP Attorneys Tarzana, California
#3 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 09:48 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
BMW to check out the subframe craks on 9/19

I got a hold of BMW's corporate headquarters, and they have arranged for an engineer to meet me at a local dealer on wednesday regarding the frame cracks. My car is actually WAY worse than the pictures on that attorney's site listed above. I hope they can do something to fix my car, or help me get another one. Ill keep everyone posted and let u guys know how it turns out.
#4 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 09:54 PM
Sodium Chloride

saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
post pics
#5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 11:33 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
sorry guys, i tried to get some good pics but of course, technology has failed me at an inconvenient time. My digital camera and my computer are clashing really bad and i cant get the pics to upload right. I took my car to the dealer today though, and they got back to me by the end of the day and said they are going to fix it and pick up 100% of the tab. And..., they gave me an 07 328i as a courtesy car, and said i can hang on to it while they have my car. After driving the new one around all day, I fell in love all over again, i dont think ill be pickin mine back up now, i might just have to drive off in a new one!
#6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 12:46 PM
n00b

nfbm is on a distinguished road
subframe cracks

: mad sorry to hear your troubles just discovered my subframe is gone on the passanger side (right hand drive) its a 2000 323ci coupe, dropped it in to BMW to see whats going to happen fingers crossed totally disapointed in the build quality I expect better than this!!!! sorry I got rid of my 1998 VW polo saloon!! his is not good enough I like the car but this is a scandle!!

there are lots of problems with the E35 and E46 floors and suspension

regards

nfbm
#7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Ich bin der Modifikator

johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Where are they building these cars???

I know my 97 e36 328i was built in Germany. I found this info on the vin tag inside the drivers door. In my opinion, it matters. I use to work for Toyota in Port Newark, NJ as an installer,& we use to get Camrys built from Japan & Camrys built here in USA. The cars built in Japan were much better quality, meaning they used better building materials such heavier gauge metal & plastics. Maybe when you buy a NEW BIMMER you need to find out where it is built first. I think they are manufacturing BMW's outside of Germany these days. Something to look into!!!
#8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 09:54 AM
n00b

Thumbs up sub frame torn out a result

folks just to let you know BMW in Dublin wont mention the shop till car is fixed but dropped the car in yesterday and they emailed BMW HQ, car to be fixed no questions asked!! so its in the garage, will take a week to fix, and on top of that we got a loan car!!!! 07 series 1!! now thats a result I was terrified because the car was 8 years old they were going to drag their feet just shows that there is good service out there but ask nicely even though you could be angry!!

regards

nfbm
#9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 10:25 PM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
tight hows the loaner lol heard a lot about the 1 series... hope all goes well with the repair!

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
#10 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 08:18 AM
5th Gear Member

jimmythepie jimmythepie jimmythepie jimmythepie
crack heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfbm
folks just to let you know BMW in Dublin wont mention the shop till car is fixed but dropped the car in yesterday and they emailed BMW HQ, car to be fixed no questions asked!! so its in the garage, will take a week to fix, and on top of that we got a loan car!!!! 07 series 1!! now thats a result I was terrified because the car was 8 years old they were going to drag their feet just shows that there is good service out there but ask nicely even though you could be angry!!

regards

nfbm
Any idea what BMW UK do on this issue?
#11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 03:45 AM
n00b

loan car series 1

to alpinsixandseven with subframe getting fixed the series 1, is a very nice car it a solid lump, the car is a 1.6 still poky!! fit and finish excellent not a roomy as the 323ci boot a bit small, I would like to drive and see the series 1 coupe that has been just launched nice looking car the only thing very very pricy you can buy a secondhand 3 series for that sort of money)
#12 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 03:54 AM
n00b

loan car series 1

to alpinsixandseven with subframe getting fixed the series 1, is a very nice car it a solid lump, the car is a 1.6 still poky!! fit and finish excellent not a roomy as the 323ci boot a bit small, I would like to drive and see the series 1 coupe that has been just launched nice looking car the only thing very very pricy you can buy a secondhand 3 series for that sort of money)
#13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 03:07 PM
n00b

walke40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfbm
: mad sorry to hear your troubles just discovered my subframe is gone on the passanger side (right hand drive) its a 2000 323ci coupe, dropped it in to BMW to see whats going to happen fingers crossed totally disapointed in the build quality I expect better than this!!!! sorry I got rid of my 1998 VW polo saloon!! his is not good enough I like the car but this is a scandle!!

there are lots of problems with the E35 and E46 floors and suspension

regards

nfbm
E36 was the last good BMW. I sadly to say own a E90 ? 2006 325i Touring and there is not much I can say is good, The radio is ok. The dealer see's more of it than I do and they are not to happy about that either but for a £26k car I want to be able to keep it on the road without the white knuckles effect. Steering is the worst problem very noisey engine whining gearbox and I don't think iI will ever get used to the brakes.i think maybe it was a stolen recovered vehicle and BMW still sold it on.
#14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 03:11 PM
n00b

walke40 is an unknown quantity at this point
E36 was the last good BMW. I sadly to say own a E90 ? 2006 325i Touring and there is not much I can say is good, The radio is ok. The dealer see's more of it than I do and they are not to happy about that either but for a £26k car I want to be able to keep it on the road without the white knuckles effect. Steering is the worst problem, very noisey engine 700 mile to a pint of oil, whining gearbox and I don't think iI will ever get used to the brakes. I think maybe it was a stolen recovered vehicle and and was maybe used in the Dakar rally BMW still sold it on.
#15 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 06:28 PM
n00b

EuRopE1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to EuRopE1981 Send a message via MSN to EuRopE1981 Send a message via Yahoo to EuRopE1981
I had the same problem with my 323ci i got mine welded i think it cost me around $200
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)