angel eyes - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 01:41 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bafakhou is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
angel eyes

hi all, i bought brand new xenon headlights and they have angel eyes already installed in them, all i need to do is just connect the angel eyes' wires to the car body harness, i didn't know where to connect them, there are two wires one is ground and the other for power so i just connected the ground to a car body metal for ground and the other wire to the low beam headlight harness, and they work fine but i know that is not the right way to do it because i should be able to turn the angel eyes without having to turn the headlight on, i have an 01 325ci conv. any help is really appreciated. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 12:54 PM
68th gear and shifting

superdeadman has a spectacular aura about superdeadman has a spectacular aura about superdeadman has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to superdeadman
well i don't know how it is in 3 series, but i connected my eyes to the parking lights, so when i turn them on, the ae turn on, but headlights are still off.

member and partial creator of the Pimpin' The Auto club
Quote:
m20 pwr: "oh yeah baby, pour some acid on my penis"

R.I.P. fast 6
"drive hard
keep it clean
and most of all have fun driving"
#3 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 01:03 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdeadman
well i don't know how it is in 3 series, but i connected my eyes to the parking lights, so when i turn them on, the ae turn on, but headlights are still off.
Worked the same as you both in my E36 M3 and my two E39s.

Scary to think I've done the headlight install three times now.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#4 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 07:08 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
angel eyes

ok when u say parking lights that means the turning signals without them blinking, and u do that by turning the headlight switch once, am i right? ok i tried to do that but the AE kept blinking every time i turn my signal on. any other suggestion, or may be the parking light is something else.
#5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 07:16 PM
68th gear and shifting

superdeadman has a spectacular aura about superdeadman has a spectacular aura about superdeadman has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to superdeadman
no, that's it.. when you turn your headlight switch once... i have no idea why they're blinking - they really shouldn't

Nath, ideas?

member and partial creator of the Pimpin' The Auto club
Quote:
m20 pwr: "oh yeah baby, pour some acid on my penis"

R.I.P. fast 6
"drive hard
keep it clean
and most of all have fun driving"
#6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 08:30 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
ok I took my signal lens out and i noticed that there is only two wires there so please tell me what should i do, they are blinking because of the turning signal.
#7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 11:37 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdeadman
Nath, ideas?
Yup. There should be three wires coming out of the turn signals. One of those three is the hot wire for the parking lights. If they're blinking with the turn signals, it sounds like he married his angel eyes to the wrong hot wire.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 12:31 AM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
^^ What he said. Three wires: one for ground, one for turn signal, one for parking lights.

#9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 01:01 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
no but my car only has two wires coming out of the turning signal, that is why they blink with the turning signal, how come i don't see three wires. please help.
#10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 01:04 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
i know what you r saying about the three wires (one for parking light, one for turning signal and one for ground), but only two wires come out of the turning signal, however i noticed that of of those wires is colored in two different colors (blue and green) and the second wire is only colored with brown.
#11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 01:19 PM
1st Gear Member

BMWERKEN is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BMWERKEN
If you are tapping your parking lights, you will need to tap the rear parking lights because BMW did not wire the turn signals with 3 wires but rather 2 so if you tap the positive they will blink with your turn signals.

Call Toll Free: 1.888.JLEVISW
PREDATOR ICE OEM ANGEL EYE UPGRADE | PREDATOR CHROMIUM ANGEL EYES | LED TURN SIGNALS
#12 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 08:33 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
i just finished wiring the AE s today and they work fine however the driver side AEs are not as bright as the other side and some times the keep flicking and they won't get bright even though the engine is running, checked all the wiring everything is ok, need help plz.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)