Alarm System for 2000 323 CI - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-20-2003, 09:51 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
kkevin77 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I recently just bought a 2000 323 CI and the alarm system doesn't seem to be working. I bought the car used from Carmax. The red alarm indicator light under the rear view mirrow isn't flashing when I lock the doors and the motion sensor doesn't seem to be working as well. Carmax will pay for the cost to fix. My question is if anyone knew how hard it is to fix the problem and what might be causing the problem? Also, can this be done in a day or what? I am a first time BMW owner and would appreciate any feedback. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-20-2003, 10:43 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

AZ325Ci is on a distinguished road
are you sure that there is an alarm system installed? does the siren go off if you bump it?

the motion detector is located in the above center of your headliner. just pop that off and see if you have a system in it. if there is one, make sure the wires are connected. it doesn't take long to fix it.

btw, welcome aboard!! B)

#3 (permalink) Old 10-20-2003, 10:47 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
No, I am not sure if there is one installed or not. I just assumed there was but I guess I was wrong. I apologize for the stupid questions I'm about to ask but what and where is the headliner?

If there is not system, what sort of alarm do you recommend thats easy to install and at a reasonable price?

Thanks

Glad to be on the board. Excited about my BMW purchase. Can't wait to learn more.
#4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2003, 10:58 PM

AZ325Ci is on a distinguished road
no problem, there are no stupid questions. i am glad to be of help. :wink

the headliner is the roof of your interior. if you are inside, look above you. you should see a small square box in the center. just pry that open from the corner and see if you have the motion detector in there. if not, then you do not have the alarm system.

i have posted in your other thread, so i'll post again.

if you choose to go with the factory alarm, you should go to http://www.pacificbmw.com or http://www.circlebmw.com. they have the best prices on OEM parts.

another alarm system that is good for BMW's, is the Stellar system. you can find that at http://www.bavauto.com

the factory alarm system is relatively easy to install, so i've heard. i haven't installed one on mine yet. can't wait to get it. i am sure that the Stellar system installation is about the same, not sure.

#5 (permalink) Old 10-20-2003, 11:02 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Appreciate all the info. thanks a lot
#6 (permalink) Old 10-21-2003, 01:03 AM

woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to woobiee
def get the OEM alarm, it is a very very good alarm considering its OEM. it consists of motion, and tilt sensors. circlebmw.com has it for $225. Install is very very easy. The hardest part is mounting the siren, and even that is pretty much a piece of cake. You will need to get the alarm activated at a bmw dealer which they usually charge you for. If you are slick enough you can get away with it free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)