Alarm - or - No Alarm? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2004, 07:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Craig's3series is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi everyone I just picked up a new E-46 2004 325i with premium package. After 1 day I was stunned to find no alarm system? Bright guy aren't I? The salesman told me the "clown eye" was the alarm becon and my girlfriends lowly Dodge Stratus came standard with a good alrm soooo I never gave it another thought! Anyway reading the forums I have gone and checkede for the motion detector in the ceiling and there is a roughly 3" x 3" black box there so I assume i have at least part of the alarm. Does anyone have a clue as to how I might be able to activate it if there is one without going to the dealer? I also looked for the white box b the battery but my car has moved the battery inside the car and there is just a big empty hole there! Any help would be great!! Also are there any new answers as to the question on the bluetooth question? If I have a Verizon phone can I use it hands free??

Thanks all!!
Craig's3series is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2004, 08:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Relevart is an unknown quantity at this point
Craig,
I believe, you will have to go to dealer to activate alarm, or an independed shop, specializing in BMW. But, where are you going to go if your alarm kicks in in the middle of the night for no reason?
I am surprise, to read, that you have motion detector, bot no siren...
This means you do not have have alarm installed... or at least the audible portion of it. Is there a tilt sensor in the trunk behind lining on passenger side?

As far as bluetooth goes: yes this can be installed, I am pretty sure it is not installed, unless you ordered it specifically. The ULF (bluetooth) needs to be activated by a dealer, like alarm. Make sure your particular phone is bluetooth compatible, it has nothing to do with your cell service provider.
Relevart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 08:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car:
Photos:
woobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to woobiee
most likely you do not have the alarm.

that box on the ceiling is just a cap. I assume it is empty inside that box.

Get the alarm from www.circlebmw.com for $225+ shipping (lowest price anywhere). Install it yourself and get your dealer to activate. This is the cheapest route to get the OEM alarm.

Alarm includes siren, motion sensor, tilt sensor.

woobiee - Anamorphic Cycle
woobiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Craig's3series is an unknown quantity at this point
There is definatly a sensor in the ceiling I looked up the install instructions from one online and it was the unit. I am not sure if there is a siren or module under the hood. I am first going to try to get dealer to get one in. 40K and no alarm?? Thanks.
Craig's3series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Defector

Car:
Photos:
El Presidente is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to El Presidente
I don't know about the e46, but stellar makes an alarm module that uses the factory inputs and is all plug and play for helf the cost.

Check bavauto to see if they have it.
El Presidente is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)