ALARM - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 05:26 PM
Neutral Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DHW BMW328I is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hello everyone, I just purchased a 1999 328i in mint condition inside & out, I loved the car, I was wondering if the Stellar Alarm which has features the factory BMW Alarm does not, will work with the BMW Key remote, or do I have to use the remote that comes with the Stellar Alarm, I know if I go with the factory BMW alarm I have to get it programmed by the dealer.

BMW Plug In Alarm W/ SMT, Remote Windows, Top

Price: $375.00

Stellar BMWRTXC

p.s. Where is the Oil Filter ?

Thanks Everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 06:15 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to woobiee
what does the steller alarm have the OEM does not?

the OEM alarm has windows/sunroof down/up, tilt sensor, motion sensor. You can also get a shock sensor that works with the OEM alarm for $20bucks. The OEM alarm is $225 at circlebmw.com and installation you can do yourself. *Just a suggestion

-i do not know where the oil filter is.
#3 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 06:55 PM

MrM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrM3
i know for the 98 328's the oil filter was at the front of the engine bay, and slightly to the right. i dont know for sure but i think its in the same spot.
#4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 06:59 PM

MrM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrM3
here's a pic that might help...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12291_19.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	2045  
#5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 09:46 PM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
You guys are great, Thanks for the help, i'm gonna post some pics sometime this week .... Thanks Again .......
#6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 09:51 PM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
How about the dianogstic connection location for 1999 328i, You guys are really helpful with your info, I hope to return the favor someday after I learn more about the car ....
#7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 07:18 AM
ex owner/admin

Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
Quote:
Originally posted by woobiee@Aug 7 2003, 05:55 PM

the OEM alarm has windows/sunroof down/up, tilt sensor, motion sensor. You can also get a shock sensor that works with the OEM alarm for $20bucks. The OEM alarm is $225 at circlebmw.com and installation you can do yourself. *Just a suggestion

stellar is a sensored alarm, so if someone touches the car or tries to break in the alarm goes off, as opposed to the oem witch only alarms if the door is opened. or the car tries to start,

#8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 12:27 PM

L337E46 will become famous soon enough L337E46 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Furious+Aug 8 2003, 06:58 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Furious @ Aug 8 2003, 06:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-woobiee@Aug 7 2003, 05:55 PM

stellar is a sensored alarm, so if someone touches the car or tries to break in the alarm goes off, as opposed to the oem witch only alarms if the door is opened. or the car tries to start, [/b][/quote]
Actually I just purchased and installed the OEM Factory alarm last week. There's a Tilt sensor that goes off when the car is jacked up, there's an ultrasonic sensor which goes off if someone whacks the car really hard, breaks the glass, or If all the windows are down and the alarm is armed it will go off if someone tries to put their hand through the window. On another note, all the windows and moonroof roll down with the push of a button and they all close when you insert the key into the keyhole and turn counter clockwise (this is after we were screwing around with the dis, not a result of getting the alarm).

Benefits of OEM alarm:

-Nice expensive sounding chirp
-Open all your windows with the touch of a button (after programming)
-Ultrasonic motion sensor (If that's what you call it, when the windows are rolled down, even someone passing your car will set off the alarm)
-Tilt sensor (Located on top of battery) Goes nuts when the car is jacked up
-Takes 45 minutes to 1 hour to install
-All doors locked from inside and outside (ie. you can lock someone in the car and arm the alarm and the only way to get out is if you break the windows lol)
-Completely Plug and play

Cost me around $2xx + $50.00 activation @ an independent bimmer place that had the modic/dis (also had all key memory and car memory options installed + had the DIS check for any problems)

General, Troll Warfare Center: Task Force Troll/Founder BMW FORUMS 3.1415926535897932384626433832795 CLUB/Board Member Brotherhood of Huzzah/Board Member Troll Assassin Board/Board Member W00t! Club/Campaign Director Yanosh for President/Founder L337 Flash Club/Founding Member BMW Forums V1 Club/ BMW-Forums Badger Badger Badger arrgggghhhhhh club
#9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 01:48 PM

woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to woobiee
and another thing, i believe the steller alarms require a separate remote for the alarm vs the OEM alarm uses your key.
#10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 03:43 PM
ex owner/admin

Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
i cant remember but ill try and post the differences when i get home. i have the catolouge

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)